Please help find reliable sellers

Hello, this is my first post here. I would like to know where i can buy lego parts, my main concern is to buy from a safe site where i can pay with credit card. I believe Bricklink and ebay are some of the main option, i would appreciate if someone can confirm this and maybe more suggestions (maybe a link to a list of safe sellers ?)

ty

Hello, this is my first post here. I would like to know where i can buy lego parts, my main concern is to buy from a safe site where i can pay with credit card. I believe Bricklink and ebay are some of the main option, i would appreciate if someone can confirm this and maybe more suggestions (maybe a link to a list of safe sellers ?)

ty

If it is parts that you are looking for - use Bricklink.

If you feel a bit uncertain, just stick with the larger, more experienced sellers there (they will have more parts for sale anyway).

• Like 1

Agreed with what is above. Great stuff. :good:

If you`re wanting to figure out who is legit on a site like Bricklink or Ebay, you just need to look at the feedback rating. How many FB are there, are they positive or mostly positive? How recent are they? That kind of thing if you`re concerned. If you`re on Ebay, make sure to read the listing carefully, make sure you know what you`re buying. 

Not that difficult, so don`t worry too much. Experience definitely helps, but like Ed and Stephen have said worst case scenario PayPal will protect you, but still be careful.

You will very likely be covered by PayPal for scams and such on other external sites, but you really don`t want the hassle, trust me. It`s worth it to check the site out, and be careful first, rather than after the fact. If you`re worried about this sort of thing, just stick with reputable sites and don`t experiment outside that. 

And remember that saying always, "If a Deal Looks Too Good To Be True, It Probably Is" (capitals for emphasis  :cheese: )

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind also, especially in the case of ebay, the paypal protections are not entirely rock solid or a full 100% no cost to you, tracked return shipping costs may work against you leaving you with an expense for essentially nothing in return. start small & get a feel for things...

• 2 weeks later...

I've just joined Brick Picker and have already learned a great deal. I didn't know about Brick Link, but have been using Brick Owl for about two months and have been very satisfied. Orders have come in from the U.S., UK, Netherlands, Italy and Poland with very reasonable shipping prices and quick turnaround. I agree that using PayPal is a good way to go. Building lots of railroad cars with my 5-year-old grandson and enjoying immensely. 

Just to add my 2 cents. I've been buying parts off of brick link over a year. Interspersed with purchases from pick a brick or the alternate brick replacement.

if you can get your hands on the free shipping code from LEGO then you may save a few bucks.

but in general LEGO bricks will be new and always perfect. Drawback is that LEGO does not carry all he various bricks which have seen production. So your choices are limited.

Bricklink will offer a wider range of product but you need to be careful if you NEED new bricks. The definition of used is pretty loose. New is new. Used varies. I've received 1 megablock out of 6,000 pieces. A number of dirty ones that could be cleaned. A bunch of dented ones. But my standards are pretty low. Most of he bricks could be cleaned and/or molded back squar'ish. I just wanna build.

because I wanna build .. I don't like waiting. LEGO takes about 3-5 weeks to deliver. I'm in Canada and even European shipments only takes 2 weeks. US ones are about a week.

As far as piece count goes I've never been screwed .. Yet.

in all. I would recommend bricklink over LEGO. But pick sellers with good feedback and check their sales history.

-K