Modified 6211 ISD

tk924

I thought about selling my 6211 for a new 75055 ISD, but changed my mind after seeing a comparison video. While the 75055 seems to be a sturdier build, mine is for display only. So I decided to add a little to the sides.

15646945441_3fe0a9ccb6_c.jpg

What do you think? Comments/suggestions?

• Like 2

It looks very nice. I just built the new ISD and while I do see some differences, not sure they are enough to warrant the trouble of the swap. I haven't built the old one yet (although I have taken 3 apart from bulk lots, it sucks :().

I like the fact that the 6211 is larger. I'd hate to give that up.

Here's the video comparison of the 6211 and 75055. (not my video, btw)

Here's my before pic. I couldn't stand those white bricks. So out of place.

10870226184_be213de37a_c.jpg

First mod.

15066077690_2146744722.jpg

Second mod. Replaced all the white technics with dark gray. Not necessary if you're only displaying the ship.

15229765876_69e1760cf9.jpg

Third mod.

15646945441_e3742f2734_h.jpg

I may come back at some point and do a little more to it, but that's it for now.

That's a Force FX Lightsaber mount isn't it!? I like this idea and may do something similar in the future with the stand (have mine mounted on the wall).

While i currently have none of the ISD's, i do agree 75055 is a bit lacking and underwhelming as i did have it built at one point.

That's a Force FX Lightsaber mount isn't it!? I like this idea and may do something similar in the future with the stand (have mine mounted on the wall).

While i currently have none of the ISD's, i do agree 75055 is a bit lacking and underwhelming as i did have it built at one point.

Good eye! Yes, it is a FX Lightsaber mount. I have my FX sabers mounted vertically so that the blades do not warp and this was a good use for the saber stand.