60062 - Arctic Icebreaker

dday0606

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2015 at 6:05 AM, Jules_K said:

What are peoples thoughts on this set long term? I think with a distinctive colour and the huskies / polar bear this should always have some demand in future.

Despite the helicopter, it does seem to have a little bit of everything.  In fact, the helicopter in this set actually makes some sense.  If you're going to have one set from this theme, this would be the one, in my opinion.  That being said, city sets can be forgettable and subthemes eventually get recycled.  I'm not going to set my sights on too big of an ROI and personally will aim for a mid-term hold

24 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

Despite the helicopter, it does seem to have a little bit of everything.  In fact, the helicopter in this set actually makes some sense.  If you're going to have one set from this theme, this would be the one, in my opinion.  That being said, city sets can be forgettable and subthemes eventually get recycled.  I'm not going to set my sights on too big of an ROI and personally will aim for a mid-term hold

I own all the sets and although the Icebreaker is the coolest of all the single hull boats to me, the Arctic Base Camp is a far better set for the kids to play with. That said, the entire theme is pretty cool and the Icebreaker is pretty unique. This was a reboot of a pretty old theme (about 15 years) and this one was way better. I don't see this theme getting recycled any time soon so the Icebreaker should be a good long term hold too.