Hello from CA

Hey guys, I'm getting into the lego selling business after I saw how profitable it could be. I'm pretty new to this whole Ebay/Bricklink business (selling of course). And I would deeply enjoy any advice given. I'm more of a short-term profit kinda guy, so I'd like to hear your opinions on what sets would be great to buy now and to immediately sell on Ebay.

So far I've bought some of the star wars sets + 4 minecraft sets @ $35 each, so yeah.

Thanks to whomever created this website, I've been looking for something like this. You'll hear more from me, I intend to become a regular on the forums/site. But in the meantime. Say hello to the noobiest of noobs! :D

I'm more of a short-term profit kinda guy, so I'd like to hear your opinions on what sets would be great to buy now and to immediately sell on Ebay.

So far I've bought some of the star wars sets + 4 minecraft sets @ $35 each, so yeah.

Welcome! You will certainly get a lot of valuable information from this site.

In my experience, short term profits normally come at few occasions:

First, some 50% or more sale / clearance items that you can immediately resale for profits (or something like Minecraft)

Second, get your hand on a just released set and sell it at high price before it shows up in retail stores.

Finally, put attention to sets that are about to retire and sell them soon after their retirement.

However, there is no reason to be only looking for short profits,

On the contrary, most of the time you will earn more money if you wait for the right time to sell.

You will learn the value of patience from people here.

I'm going to Walmart/Target/TRU tomorrow with $200 to spend, what should I buy? I know I'm going to get some 75001s and maybe the Spiderman/Nick Fury set, as that seems to sell well.

Rule #1 of LEGO investing...NEVER PAY RETAIL PRICES. Every LEGO set at some point in time goes on sale. Research and wait. Use our forums and tool to look for deals. Here is a good start IMO...

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ninjago-9450-Dragon-Battle/dp/B007Q0ON7S?SubscriptionId=AKIAJQSYTIGRBKVM26KQ&&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B007Q0ON7S

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Fire-Brigade-10197/dp/B002O064J0?SubscriptionId=AKIAJQSYTIGRBKVM26KQ&&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B002O064J0

If I had the money, I would ****** that Epic Dragon Battle right up. That is at the top of my list. But if you are looking at short term profits, you will probably want to stay away from that, because it would eat up half your budget. The TMNT sets have been doing awesome, and would be a great short term theme for you to sell. That's the one that instantly springs to mind for me.