Canadian In Need Of American Aid!

Hi all, I live in Windsor, ON, about 15 minutes from Detroit. My wife wants to do some shopping tomorrow and this will be my first time post-Christmas to hit up LEGO deals in the USA. Are people still seeing clearance items at Wal-Mart, Target and/or TRU? I'm also considering Wally World (if I can find one in MI), Kmart, Barnes and Noble, etc. Any more I should add to this list? Anyone in the Detroit or greater Detroit area cleaned out any stores I should avoid? I'm hoping to be pretty ruthless and only buy heavily discounted items, and I'm hoping to make 12-15 stops. Looking for older sets - with some of the posts on here I'm wishing for the Black Pearl or QAR in decent boxes, HP Lego from Barnes & Noble and then general clearance from other retailers. Any advice would be much appreciated, and I'll let you know how I make out when I get back tomorrow night.

My experience lately is that Walmart can have deals in at least three different places: 1. In the LEGO aisle - Sometimes clearance items still stay in the the main LEGO aisle. IMPORTANT*** Remember to look for those red price tags. If you missed my earlier post, those mean "deleted items." The price may not be reduced yet, but it means Walmart will not be restocking that item once they are gone. 2. The Clearance Section - This is an obvious one, but be sure to take a thorough look through the whole section. They usually try to group toys together, but not ALWAYS. Last night, I almost missed a $49.00 6869 Quinjet because I lost interest by the end of the aisle. But there it was, very last item on the shelf, and nowhere near other toys. 3. Sometimes there is a special "toy clearance" section in the main traffic aisle near the toy area. I have found clearance LEGOs there. It is usually pretty well out in the open, but if you don't know to look for it, you could miss it. Happy shopping!

Thanks for the input. The day was a mixed bag. Walmart/Target had very limited clearance aisles, shelves all full of late 2012 and 2013 LEGO with no great deals. SuperKMarts had some clearance - Dino/Creator/City, but nothing that was amazing. The B&Ns; had collectively one HP set (the smallest one - $8.99) and I didn't get a chance to hit up Meijer. Best deal - City Marina at Kmart for $20 I might head back this weekend and hit up a different area outside of Detroit. If you're looking for clearance LEGO avoid the Troy/Royal Oak area - slim pickings.