Are these really worth that much already?!

TheOrcKing

The other day when I entered into my Brickfolio my two 2013 STAR WARS battlepacks, out of curiosity, I clicked on the price guide for them. H-o-l-y crap.... What I saw surprised the heck out of me. People are paying around $25 for the "Clone Troopers vs Droidekas" battle pack, and an average of $19 for the "Republic Troopers vs Sith Troopers" one. ......HUH?! These are brand new sets! They could not get any newer than this! How the heck can anyone justify paying more than twice the original retail for these?! Even if their store is sold out, they can't just wait another week or so for them to come in?! Really?! Sometimes I just really do not get people....

The other day when I entered into my Brickfolio my two 2013 STAR WARS battlepacks, out of curiosity, I clicked on the price guide for them. ****-o-l-y crap.... What I saw surprised the heck out of me. People are paying around $25 for the "Clone Troopers vs Droidekas" battle pack, and an average of $19 for the "Republic Troopers vs Sith Troopers" one. ......HUH?! These are brand new sets! They could not get any newer than this! How the heck can anyone justify paying more than twice the original retail for these?! Even if their store is sold out, they can't just wait another week or so for them to come in?! Really?!

Sometimes I just really do not get people....

I think what happened is that certain people were able to get their hands on these battle packs before they even had hit the shelves. That's why people were paying so much for them because they hadnt even really "existed" yet. If you check ebay now, no one is paying that price.

That's my opinion anyway.

You are forgetting that many people grew up in the 'I want it now' generation! If they want to basically throw money at you, who are you to say no?

That's true. There are many people that way. And sure, if they are that eager to spend their money like water then yeah, why say no to them? Not like they'll listen to reason anyway. (That went flying out the window for them years ago.)

I think what happened is that certain people were able to get their hands on these battle packs before they even had hit the shelves. That's why people were paying so much for them because they hadnt even really "existed" yet. If you check ebay now, no one is paying that price.

That's my opinion anyway.

That makes the most sense. Like the couple of eBay sellers that had minifigures from this year's sets. They could sell them for what they had because they did not official 'exist' yet like you mentioned. But now that the sets those characters are normally included in are currently available, those kind of profits are gone.