Do you own one of these sets?

Ed Mack

Do you own one of these sets? Are they MISB? Maybe you should open them up!

Why do you ask? Look for the answer below...

10178-1: Motorised Walking AT-AT

Set Pieces: 1137

Minifigures: 4

Set Price: $129.99

Set Year: 2007

10179-1: Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon

Set Pieces: 5195

Minifigures: 5

Set Price: $499.99

7654-1: Droids Battle Pack

Set Pieces: 102

Minifigures: 7

Set Price: $9.99

7655-1: Clone Troopers Battle Pack

Set Pieces: 58

Minifigures: 4

Set Price: $9.99

7656-1: General Grievous Starfighter

Set Pieces: 232

Minifigures: 1

Set Price: $19.99

7657-1: AT-ST

Set Pieces: 244

Set Price: $19.99

7658-1: Y-wing Fighter

Set Pieces: 454

Minifigures: 2

Set Price: $39.99

7659-1: Imperial Landing Craft

Set Pieces: 471

Set Price: $49.99

7660-1: Naboo N-1 Starfighter with Vulture Droid

Set Pieces: 280

Minifigures: 3

Set Price: $29.99

7661-1: Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring

Set Pieces: 575

7662-1: Trade Federation MTT

Set Pieces: 1330

Minifigures: 20

Set Price: $99.99

7663-1: Sith Infiltrator

Set Pieces: 310

Set Price: $29.99

7664-1: TIE Crawler

Set Pieces: 548

7665-1: Republic Cruiser

Set Pieces: 919

Set Price: $89.99

7666-1: Hoth Rebel Base

Set Pieces: 548

Minifigures: 7

ANSWER:

You might have one of these in the box!

• Like 1

In 2007, LEGO randomly put approximately 10,000 Gold(chrome) C-3POs in various LEGO sets in celebration of the 30th Anniversary of STAR WARS. They now sell for $300+ on EBAY and other sites. Maybe it's time to crack open that $30 set you've been saving to resell to see if you have one.
  • Like 1

In 2007, LEGO randomly put approximately 10,000 Gold(chrome) C-3POs in various LEGO sets in celebration of the 30th Anniversary of STAR WARS. They now sell for $300+ on EBAY and other sites. Maybe it's time to crack open that $30 set you've been saving to resell to see if you have one.

You know I never knew this. I have to see if I have any of these sets. I might just have to open up the box if I do.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would not open up a sealed 10179 to see. But that's just me.

But your original post said maybe you should open them........lol

I might open a non-10179 set, but to open up my perfect sealed 10179 box to see if it is in there, would be waste. Unsealing the 10179 could cost me $200-$300, the cost of a Gold chrome C-3PO. I'll take my chances.

• 1 year later...

Bumping an old topic, but does anyone know for sure if any chrome C3POs were ever found in 10179 sets?   

The reason I ask is I thought I'd read somewhere that both the battlepacks and the UCS MF were not likely to have one, compared to the rest of the regular sets in the 30th line.   (i.e.  they may have been excluded from the promotion).

I have a 10179 set, still sealed.   I'm fairly certain I will open it one day to build it.   But it is fun to think that I might be unknowingly sitting on an undiscovered chrome C3PO.

(I also have a few of those clone & droid battlepacks MISB)

Bumping an old topic, but does anyone know for sure if any chrome C3POs were ever found in 10179 sets?   

The reason I ask is I thought I'd read somewhere that both the battlepacks and the UCS MF were not likely to have one, compared to the rest of the regular sets in the 30th line.   (i.e.  they may have been excluded from the promotion).

I have a 10179 set, still sealed.   I'm fairly certain I will open it one day to build it.   But it is fun to think that I might be unknowingly sitting on an undiscovered chrome C3PO.

(I also have a few of those clone & droid battlepacks MISB)

My god man!!!! what is wrong with you? That talk is blasphemy.  We never use the "O" word here, and I mean never.  I don't think most people on this set know what an actual LEGO piece looks like.

Just by question is that a 1st edition? and let me add my two cents. How about you sell that one for a lot of $$$ and buy a used one for a lot cheaper.

• Like 1

My god man!!!! what is wrong with you? That talk is blasphemy.  We never use the "O" word here, and I mean never.  I don't think most people on this set know what an actual LEGO piece looks like.

Just by question is that a 1st edition? and let me add my two cents. How about you sell that one for a lot of $$$ and buy a used one for a lot cheaper.

Whoa, maybe I stepped onto the wrong forum site.   lol.    Should I slowly back out now...

No I'm walking the fine line trying to find my place between buying/hold sets for investment, vs. opening and enjoying for personal use.   Or some mix of both.   I bought my UCS MF during the clearance so even if I opened mine and sold it used I'd still come out well ahead. 

I don't believe mine is a 1st edition.  

• Like 1

Would it not be better to weight the sets against the official weight? The same weight = No chrome minifigure. Extra weight = bingo.

I was thinking that as well.  You'd need some pretty sensitive scales and the tolerance gets harder as the set gets larger.  You'd also have to rely on the 'official weight' being very accurate.  Better if you had 2 or more of the sets and you weighed them all yourself on the same scale to see if one was higher.