75002 - AT-RT

ED-209

I've seen stock of these disappearing and is no longer at Australian SAH.

I really like this set and my local dept store has a couple still laying around, but at retail price (39 bucks here down under)

A worthy investment? What do you think? IMO it's a nice set and 501 trooper is rare. I only have one set atm.

And is it already EOL? Please don't flame me for my noobness.

Holy cow that is the retail price? You poor Aussies, geez.

I think it is likely done. Fits the classic lifespan, and is sold out in the US at least through Lego.

My 2 cents - nice little investment if you get it cheap enough. Yoda will always be a solid draw in a set, and you get another good fig like you said. I picked up most of mine for $11-$12, I think it can hit $40 in a couple of years.

Damn they really screw you guys on prices down there! This set doesn't seem to be discussed much, but I was buying dozens from Kmart before christmas for $11-12 as well with coupons and surprise points. Parted some out to lower the cost a bit on the others. I agree with Nolanfan's assessment. Yoda + exclusive trooper = nice growth down the road.

Yea, I know. Forty bucks is dear for a small set. Minimum adult wage (casual supermarket cashier for example) is 16 AUD per hour and our dollar buys around 78 US cents at the moment, so the price is relative.

Having said that, my inventory will be sold to other Aussies as we are at the end of the world and our international postal systems are not cheap.

Sent from my C6603 using Brickpicker mobile app

+ it also makes buying from the States uneconomical, unless a set is small and unboxed.

For example, I bought a new Spongebob Flying Dutchman for my personal collection without box for 37 AUD shipped when our dollar was 0.95 USD 5 months ago (our economy has slumped since!). The cheapest I could get locally was for 60 Aussie bucks.

Large boxed sets from US or Europe can cost more in shipping than actual value.

We are a smaller, but in a way a 'captive' market.

Edited by mike_eldorado