Childhood lego - Box has been in the attic for 25 years

Owllo

Question

Hi everyone,

If this post is in the wrong section could someone move it pls :) I'm new after all.

Anyway, as i've just started collecting (investing) in lego, I thought it would be a nice to dig out my old toy box from when I was a kid, go through it and share it all with you.

The box weighs around 5kg and contains all of the lego I had as a kid which is late 80's early 90's. I can't remember exactly whats in here so if you see anything you can identify that would be great, I'll try and add images as I go. It shouldn't take that long to sort but maybe there's something cool that I can build again, lets hope all the pieces are there!

:)

post-47402-0-69830700-1424285573_thumb.j

post-47402-0-50414200-1424286422_thumb.j

• Like 2

10 answers to this question

Seems like a lot of old pirates sets. A few tips for you...

1) If you know the general themes, you can browse Brickset by theme and seeing the full picture of the set might trigger some fond memories of a specific set. It also might help quickly identify minifigures and other rare or large parts.

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Pirates

2) Each Lego piece has a teeny tiny part number printed somewhere on it. Take those rare or large parts and search the bricklink catalog of parts (http://www.bricklink.com/catalog.asp). It will show you the part, and over on the right side it will say something like Appeared in X Sets and show you a link to view them all.

Either site can then direct you to an inventory of parts and Brickset usually has links to most instructions online if you want to rebuild them.

Enjoy!

I love your post dude!

I see castle, space, pirates and city themed minifigures there!

Space: Some of the very old first space cowboys out there: Those guys with the planet on their torso! (called Futuron)

Also you got some M-Trons and B-Trons ^.^ (The black guys are Blacktrons!!!)

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Space

you can surf on brickipedia forever ;-)

City: Police, Firefighters, Airport people, Doctors, Shell, Worker

Knights: (yeah one of my absolute favorites!)

check out: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Castle

the ones I can see are from the crusaders theme (1990) and I always called them lion knights... though this might not be the official name for them ;-)

Last but not least: Pirates

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Pirates

most are classic blue coats and pirates, two apes and Captain redbeard! ;-)

For pirates, any of the baseplates easily identify the land-based sets you might have.  unless the were all very small standard brickplate type sets. Otherwise if you have the sailing ship parts, there were only three or four ships built at that time, if you find any sails it's pretty obvious which boat you would have.  The blacktron 1 characters are great and look to be in pretty good shape (unlike my own, thanks to my nephew). I believe there were only 4 of those sets or so.  Each one has very distinctive items to help ID them quickly too. base had baseplates, battrax had wheels and extra large trans yellow cockpit glass. the large ship had those big corner plates with the square cut outs, and the smaller ship had the trans red half circle plates.  Just items to look for.  Anyway I'm sure I've baffled everyone with the names of pieces regardless.  Good luck and have fun sorting.

Thank you very much for all the info, Its been very helpful indeed. 

I've finally sorted out all of the bricks into colours and obscure pieces, Hopefully that will help before I start putting all these puzzles back together again  :)

I just thought I would upload 2 more pictures. one of the more odd/recognisable pieces and the other of an old keyring. It looks like there maybe one or more of the old LL ships in there (if thats what they're called) but odd that I only have 1 of each brick that's printed with the serial number of the ships. I can't remember building these at all! I'm guessing my parents may have bought some old sets from car boots over the years so there maybe pieces missing.

The keyring is pretty cool, I think its going to live on my car keys.

Thanks again people :)

post-47402-0-28631800-1424516968_thumb.j

post-47402-0-75470100-1424516983_thumb.j