INFORMATIVE LEGO ARTICLE

That was a great article! I for one have never felt like Lego products cost more today than they used to. One of my favorite sets growing up was 6080 King's Castle and $52.75 was a ton of money back then. Lego sets were ALWAYS expensive! It was always extremely tough deciding on what to spend my Birthday money on because there was no way to possibly buy ALL the sets I wanted. I didn't have any trouble buying all the GI Joe, Star Wars, or He-Man figures because they only cost $2 or $3 each, but when it came to Lego, a $60 set was really tough to save up for. It is heartening to find someone who actually did the analysis and came to the same conclusion! Action figures cost $10 each now when they used to cost $2 when I was a kid. Where's all the outcry about that?

I had come to the same conclusion when I was going through all my childhood sets to get ready to sell. The price of Lego hasn't gone up that much. Had the same 6080 King's Castle as a kid, and it was $50+ in the mid '80s, that was a lot. One of the last sets I got when my Lego days were winding down was the original space Monorail, and that was over $100, probably wouldn't be that much more, if any more these days.