The Force will stay with LEGO forever

TheOrcKing

yea...I'm not sure if they can live without licensed portfolios.. SW saved them.  I do think they are overdoing it with the Chima, Ninjago, city, friends..now elves..

but I guess for resellers who knows more than the typical person who arbitrage..it provides a better chance to pick winners with more variety.

I don't think there was any one theme that saved them, it was getting rid of a lot of really bad ideas that bailed them out short and long term.  The money they pissed away venturing away from the actual brick was staggering. 

City is a huge seller in the German market, probably comparable to Star Wars in the US. 

I don't think there was any one theme that saved them, it was getting rid of a lot of really bad ideas that bailed them out short and long term.  The money they pissed away venturing away from the actual brick was staggering. 

City is a huge seller in the German market, probably comparable to Star Wars in the US.

The popularity of LEGO SW kept them relevant through those time. Removing all other ventures (theme parks, video games, etc) and getting back to their core competency (bricks) saved the company from going bankrupt.

• Like 2

Also somewhere I read a few weeks ago that Disney considers LEGO as a true partner sharing a common philosophy, their businesses truly match together and want to maintain and expand their relationship on every level. It seems just a usual business talk at first look, but LEGO really compels to the Disney image. Disney likes the image of LEGO.

Therefore I believe Disney is more forgiving with their licenses towards LEGO than Lucasfilm was, that's why we can see the Constraction stuff and SW IDEAS projects not bumping into license issues. I wouldn't rule out SW CMF and other stuff coming in the future when the prospective exclusive licenses expire. I could bet that Disney wants LEGO to take them.

Edited by inversion

• 2 months later...