ToysRUs Canada - 20% off some Creator items

tacsniper

Make sure you are still using the $10 off $40 code (CineplexHoliday). It still works (should be good until the end of March) as I bought some sets for myself this morning. With a little careful planning and multiple orders you should be able to get between 30-40% off total for the smaller sets. As for the Bike Shop, that is the cheapest I've seen in Canada, and pretty much matches what I was able to score from Amazon.uk, so probably worth nabbing a couple. I wish the Toy Shop & Grocery were on sale, too, but still lots of cool sets. I got a few for birthday gifts and some for me (I love those Creator animal sets a lot, and I think I managed the Fuzzy Creatures for $16.24, which is solid).

Don't forget SW Black Series stuff is still on sale as well as Transformers Masterpiece - and the $10 off code works with those as well. The Optimus YOTH and Prowl are OOS, but I did find one at my local TRU for $99 (no extra $10 off, though, sadly) which should make a little profit to put right back into Lego.

Make sure you are still using the $10 off $40 code (CineplexHoliday). It still works (should be good until the end of March) as I bought some sets for myself this morning. With a little careful planning and multiple orders you should be able to get between 30-40% off total for the smaller sets. As for the Bike Shop, that is the cheapest I've seen in Canada, and pretty much matches what I was able to score from Amazon.uk, so probably worth nabbing a couple. I wish the Toy Shop & Grocery were on sale, too, but still lots of cool sets. I got a few for birthday gifts and some for me (I love those Creator animal sets a lot, and I think I managed the Fuzzy Creatures for $16.24, which is solid).

Don't forget SW Black Series stuff is still on sale as well as Transformers Masterpiece - and the $10 off code works with those as well. The Optimus YOTH and Prowl are OOS, but I did find one at my local TRU for $99 (no extra $10 off, though, sadly) which should make a little profit to put right back into Lego.

Have you been selling the YOTH Primes? My local TRU had 4 or 5 of them...

Make sure you are still using the $10 off $40 code (CineplexHoliday). It still works (should be good until the end of March)

. With a little careful planning and multiple orders you should be able to get between 30-40% off total for the smaller sets.

how does that work?  the code is literally "cineplexholiday" and gets you $10 off a $40 purchase?   (1 item per transaction?)

Edited by Inzane

how does that work?  the code is literally "cineplexholiday" and gets you $10 off a $40 purchase?   (1 item per transaction?)

Enter the promo code CineplexHoliday (I think it might be case sensitive). Not everything is eligible (i.e. Exo Suits and large train sets wee not but lots of other Star Wars sets were even though they were 20% off). No rules on item count, just $10 off $40 of eligible items.

Various ways to get it to work multiple times...

1) use browser safe/private/incognito mode and check out as guest

2) use your account but clear your browser cache, restart browser, use gain

etc.

I used it a few times... didn't abuse it. It'll be around until end of march as per the terms of the promotion it came from. Apparently you didn't need to buy the $40 Cineplex Movie pack to get the code. Oopsie, someone is going to get in trouble over that decision. :)

Have you been selling the YOTH Primes? My local TRU had 4 or 5 of them...

I haven't sold any yet - I only have three total. The sold listings on ebay are promising, and it has only been OOS (in Canada) for a couple days. I don't think they are fast movers, but they are pretty cool and seem pretty collectible. I love Transformers and think this is one of the cooler Optimus Primes that have been made. I think that there are a few floating around at QFLL prices, but in another few months they will be very scarce from retail and easier to sell at a decent profit.

I haven't sold any yet - I only have three total. The sold listings on ebay are promising, and it has only been OOS (in Canada) for a couple days. I don't think they are fast movers, but they are pretty cool and seem pretty collectible. I love Transformers and think this is one of the cooler Optimus Primes that have been made. I think that there are a few floating around at QFLL prices, but in another few months they will be very scarce from retail and easier to sell at a decent profit.

Hmmm, thanks. Not sure... the boxes are huge. We have one for the family (ha!, I saw it's for the kids) and I like it. They've never seen my MP-10. :)

I just got an email saying 5 more CS shipped today.. I just don't have the space to hold them long term. I think I'll have to pass (for now haha).

The definition of abuse might vary, but I think the code is quite safe to use as much as desired... I have used the code 34 times so far, and received all 34 orders.

Wasn't trying to start a debate or judge. :)

We get so few deals up here that my personal opinion is that i won't overuse them in hopes we keep getting some... I think someone at TRU really messed up with this one. You are only supposed to get the $10 off if you bought the movie bundle.

I've used it 4 times. Might use it a few more as we move on through Feb and March but I know you're a parter-outer aren't you? I only do sets and well, I'm about to get in trouble with the other adult in the house when she sees my uline box delivery and recent Lego S@H deliveries. :)