Greetings, just signed up. My profession is the buying and selling of sneakers, usually Air Jordans and other such Nike's, so I'm quite familiar with the basic model, principal's involved, having to sit on items to let them appreciate, selling on eBay, etc.

I was into Lego's as a child (as well as sneakers  :mosking: ) and back in 2008 I happened to walk into a Lego store at a mall in NJ and saw a collector series Millennium Falcon on display. I thought it was awesome but also thought that $500 retail seemed like a lot of money. Sometime last year in my browsing of the internet I happened to look it up on eBay. Seeing the current market value led me to do more research and look further into the reselling potential of Lego's.

Last month I purchased a bunch of Super Hero Tumbler's and yesterday I found 8 sets of "The Mine" 4204 for a nice discount at a local Toys R Us. 

Was thinking of maybe buying a few of the Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser sets. Is the Maersk Creator set a good long term buy at retail?

Greetings, just signed up. My profession is the buying and selling of sneakers, usually Air Jordans and other such Nike's, so I'm quite familiar with the basic model, principal's involved, having to sit on items to let them appreciate, selling on eBay, etc.

I was into Lego's as a child (as well as sneakers :mosking: ) and back in 2008 I happened to walk into a Lego store at a mall in NJ and saw a collector series Millennium Falcon on display. I thought it was awesome but also thought that $500 retail seemed like a lot of money. Sometime last year in my browsing of the internet I happened to look it up on eBay. Seeing the current market value led me to do more research and look further into the reselling potential of Lego's.

Last month I purchased a bunch of Super Hero Tumbler's and yesterday I found 8 sets of "The Mine" 4204 for a nice discount at a local Toys R Us.

Was thinking of maybe buying a few of the Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser sets. Is the Maersk Creator set a good long term buy at retail?

Welcome to the site. The buy and hold method is just one of many in this game. There are plenty of sets that are great investments and plenty that are just average. My suggestion before you start going crazy buying up sets that you take some time to read through the articles posted by members and also read through the forum. It might seem like wasted time but trust me it is not. The Maersk ship will do good but it's no Millenium Falcon and as you will learn there aren't a lot of those, don't get me wrong there is money to be made but it's isn't what you call easy money, those days are over as many have discovered the profitability in LEGO. Just have fun with it! By the way do you know if the Air Mags with the power laces that will be coming out later this year will be a general release?

Welcome to the site. The buy and hold method is just one of many in this game. There are plenty of sets that are great investments and plenty that are just average. My suggestion before you start going crazy buying up sets that you take some time to read through the articles posted by members and also read through the forum. It might seem like wasted time but trust me it is not. The Maersk ship will do good but it's no Millenium Falcon and as you will learn there aren't a lot of those, don't get me wrong there is money to be made but it's isn't what you call easy money, those days are over as many have discovered the profitability in LEGO. Just have fun with it! By the way do you know if the Air Mags with the power laces that will be coming out later this year will be a general release?

From what I've heard the auto lacing air mag's will be releasing sometime this year, but I haven't heard anything regarding availability or a firm release date. From past experience I'd venture to guess they will be very limited. Probably Niketown's and possibly high level boutique type stores in major cities, maybe nike.com. Stuff like that is great to get and has considerable resale value and absurd roi, but unless something like that falls into my lap I usually don't chase those sort of shoes. I usually don't find the time/effort required for the amount of pairs I can get to be worth it for me on the super exclusive releases.

Yeah my wife is already telling me not to get carried away. I've already read quite a bit and plan to read through much more. It's always great to get first hand experience from others.

Welcome! And pay attention to what the man above said.

Stephen nailed it.

It's deceptively "easy" money when so many sets instantly double or triple in value.

But it is- by no means- all sets.

Before opening your wallet I would spend many, many hours researching this forum as to what has produced in the past and, what- based on fellow Brickpicker discussions- are anticipated to.

I think a lot of folks new to "The Game" assume that, because a set says "Lego" on it, there will be future interest. This is far from true. The Lego sets should be classified and sub-categorized; there are countless stories here of folks getting "deals" at their local Walmart at 60% off retail but could never ultimately sell.

Demand is far, far more important than discounted supply.

Welcome aboard. The great news is... all you would ever need to know about making money with Legos is right here, on this forum. It's worth putting in the time.

Understanding the sneaker game already gives you an advantage.