What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

16 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

my girls at that age didn't so much want a structure as to just get the pieces to stick.

That was exactly the problem, she'd put a few pieces together, then struggle with another couple of pieces, get angry and then throw them all on the ground :girlmad:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

That was exactly the problem, she'd put a few pieces together, then struggle with another couple of pieces, get angry and then throw them all on the ground :girlmad:

mine would stack a couple and then that would become the characters they were playing with. I built them a castle and a dragon out of duplo and they would smash them and that was great fun for them. or a couple blocks stacked together would be a cake or something that they would try to serve me off of a baseplate. I just let them figure out how they wanted to play with them and played that way. Now they spend hours playing with their duplo and LEGO.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 3:20 PM, midbenne said:
Built the corner deli a couple weeks ago. My boy slapped it on his very rough start of a city. Yesterday he turned 6 and he built the High Speed Passenger Train all by himself. I made sure the connections were solid but he did it all...I shot it yesterday and although he MOC'd a few things in the station area and the top of the train, it looks great. Runs well and I can't believe how solid this train feels.

I dig the motion blur on the train shots. Nice!

• Like 3

My boys age 7 and 9 built the 40161 who am I? Game. 72 games later, I instantly regret the purchase. On the bright side, they think it's the coolest thing ever and I got a retro knights set for my troubles without feeling like I got skull dragged for buying a set without a discount just to get a promo.

Edited by Deadfraggle
The boys mostly assembled the minifigures. They weren't thrilled with assembling the game board, which is brick built - that's where dad comes to the rescue.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I think he meant he regretted it because of the fact that he had to play 72 games of "Who Am I?" .....

You are correct @Phil B

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Okay why do you regret the purchase? Wondering if I should get this for my 4 and 8 year olds.

@Alpinemaps this is a cool little set. I think a 4 and 8 year old would like it quite a bit. My only criticism, and it's small, is the fact that the set designers chose to include 8 minifigures, an animal, and three minibuilds for each player's game board. 

One simple question from a player such as "is your charachter living? An animal? Have wheels? Etc.. Can almost instantly rule in/out a majority of the charachters. 

Simple fix though if you had multiple pairs of alternative minifigures, or small builds to swap out the game pieces. You could make it harder/easier as desired. 

• Like 1

Kids built Bionicle Kopaku and Melum Unity set (my son) and Friends Hot Air Balloon (my daughter). I built Ecto-1 (21108). That car is a great build. Very happy.

My son immediately used Melum's "function" to make him hide his face in his hands accompanied by baby-talk "Where is Icey? Where is Icey? THERE is Icey!". Cracked me up (he's 10 and quite the comedian).

IMG_20160705_005026.jpgIMG_20160705_005038.jpg

Also discovered that one of the toughest brick combinations to take apart is a 1x1 plate on top of a 1x1 round plate (Especially a clear one, which has different plastic). Tried fingers, brick separator, pliers, teeth (yeah, made me feel 30 years younger) and finally scissors to get those separated. Stupid instructions printed on black background - you can't distinguish chrome silver from clear transparent.....

• Like 5

I know the front page didn't love it, but I really enjoyed building this set.  The minifigs are spectacular.  The Blackbird has a more old-school feel to it as you can actually fit everybody inside it.  Love the sentinel, but like Groot, another 50 pieces probably would have made him a showstopper.

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Added GE to my fledgeling town. Built it over the long weekend. One more building to finish and I will start doing the sidewalks and adding details to the streets. 

IMG_2048.JPG

That is one expensive toothpick!

• Like 7