What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

x25 - ugh!

More like x150. That x25 step has been repeated at least 4 times already, and I'm only about to start in on Bags 4!! The repetition, on tiny pieces, is real. But so is the detail. Come across a couple very satisfying techniques so far as well. I really love how the tower comes together with the sideways panels. 

I think this set might be a good investment down the line. It's highly intricate and has lots of details to show off, and yet it doesn't have an outlandish shelf footprint like SOH or TB. I think this one would very cleanly pass the CEO test due to it's level of detail in relation to footprint. It could even fit on a desk nicely without taking up too much of the actual desk space. Very cool model. 

Edit: I feel like I'm building a giant sized Architecture set. 

Edited by Zelgazra
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, marcandre said:

Built the GB Firehouse over the weekend. This thing is a monster. I got through two movies and the entire oj made in america doc while building it. I just need to find a way to tie it into my modular town. 

Edit- think I have a plan

The Kwik-E-Mart seems to be the lose end here ^^

You should probably MOC-up your LEGO street and add some 3d to your streets. I know it's way more complicated (and expensive!) than the street plates but I bet you'll be happy afterwards. At least you seem to have the place to do it :-)

Also Detectives Office is a great building to be put next to the ghostbusters headquarters since the building style fits. I thinking of getting a second one to make DO bigger, that might also benefit your HQ.

If you want to see "THE!!!" neighbourhood for your GB HQ watch the video I posted here:

You should really check it out :-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Built 6280 Armada Flagship from a bulk buy I bought a while back. This is the first vintage set I've built in years. I forgot how bad instructions were back then. It was tough seeing what pieces needed to be added in a step as you needed to compare it to what you've built already and/or the previous step's picture. Kids these days don't know how good they got it. :derisive:

Not to mention the dark gray/black confusion where the shading is just too close to figure out.

• Like 2

Finished Anakin's Custom Jedi Straighter 75087 last night.  We picked a few up on WM clearance for $9 a couple of months ago, and we decided to bust one out to build.  Actually a pretty cool little ship.  And lots of shooting missiles always keeps my son happy.

AnakinsCustomJediSFLego.JPG

AsajjVentressACJSFLego.JPG

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, uaford said:

Finished Anakin's Custom Jedi Straighter 75087 last night.  We picked a few up on WM clearance for $9 a couple of months ago, and we decided to bust one out to build.  Actually a pretty cool little ship.  And lots of shooting missiles always keeps my son happy.

This was Anakin's ship from the first Clone Wars series. Always looked cool and the Hasbro version fetched a good premium for several years.

Built Berlin yesterday. It was a quick one. It's hard to shoot these short and tall little landscapes. That big tower in the middle poses issues when you have so little horizontal element to help balance the frame. I have a couple images where the entire frame is in focus. I stacked 2 images in photoshop and blended the focus so it appears as if the entire image is in focus. That's the photography side of me coming out, some would call that dark ages talk. 

Berlin-1.jpg

Berlin-2.jpg

Berlin-3.jpg

Berlin-4.jpg

Berlin-5.jpg

Berlin-6.jpg

Berlin-7.jpg

Berlin-8.jpg

• Like 9

1 minute ago, marcandre said:

This is what it looked like Friday. I bricklinked it, could not bring myself to open a new one. I should have just bought a used one, would have cost the same as bricklinking. 

LOL...I did the same thing - Bricklinked it.  And I found the cost to be similar, too.  Oops!

• Like 2

On 1/6/2015 at 10:25 AM, JoshTX said:

I built 41036 Friends Jungle Bridge Rescue with my daughter last night, it was another of her Christmas presents. I was impressed by the sturdiness and weight of the jeep, and though the helicopter was designed as rugged, it still withstood an intermediate level of play. 

Very nice

Tell your wife thanks again.

But that lego brick  loose