What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

My boy started this a couple weeks ago but only got about 15 pcs in...I wanted to finish it up yesterday and here's the end result. This time used the GS7 Edge for convenience sake, as well as being rather impressed after seeing the macro images it can produce. 

20160511_065241.jpg

20160511_065121.jpg

20160511_065144.jpg

• Like 2

21017 Imperial Hotel

"Fun build" is not usually associated with the architecture line but the Imperial Hotel build was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and not too repetitive. I would have liked more architect information in the manual because I do not know as much about this set as I do for the other architecture sets.

21017-1.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, redghostx said:

21017 Imperial Hotel

"Fun build" is not usually associated with the architecture line but the Imperial Hotel build was a thoroughly enjoyable experience and not too repetitive. I would have liked more architect information in the manual because I do not know as much about this set as I do for the other architecture sets.

I actually thought the build was very repetitive right in the middle, but picks up once you get past the walls and the windows.  Finished product is totally worth it though.

37 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I actually thought the build was very repetitive right in the middle, but picks up once you get past the walls and the windows.  Finished product is totally worth it though.

It's a little bit repetitive but not compared to the other larger sets like Villa Savoye, White House, and Robie House (ugh).  I can handle a few steps of repetition when it is only 7-9 pieces each and aren't full of 1x1 plates or tiles.

These guys have been staring at me with a 30% discount on and off for the last few months, so I thought I’d give them a go, see if they had any potential.  Like the Garbage Truck, others not so such, all feel small.  

126 117.jpg

• Like 6

I built 75112 General Grievous today. It looks so realistically true to the character.The finished model looks amazing. It works really well with the bionicle/technic style pieces versus some of the other Star Wars characters that just look awkward. But it really plays well with his roboticness. And it's so much bigger than I expected. The box really doesn't do it justice IMO. Like, I look at this huge thing on my shelf now, and size-wise, it looks like a $50 or $60 set. And it's flexability/posability is amazing as well. 

Edited by Stud-Flipper
  • Like 1

On May 1, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Huskers1236 said:

Built the Civil War Airport Battle set yesterday with the help of my son.  The Quinjet is really small, about half the size of the original.  Without seeing the movie yet, not sure if this is intentional or if they are just saving pieces.  Giant Man is really cool when done and a pretty simple build.  Too bad on the stickers for him, but it comes out pretty good.  Getting an extra Ant-Man statue was nice of Lego too. 

Do you think this set will be valuable after EOL since it has the two versions of Ant-Man?