What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

I build the LOTR Pirate Ship ambush.  I have to say a fantastic set, great figs, great design, great playability.  I have 16 or 17 and I am thinking maybe a few more.  I need to go back and buy a few of the other ships to build as well.  After building this I think it will do quite well once it is long gone.

I did build the new LEGO AT-AT 75054 today (and yesterday and the day before that ^.^) and I really have to say that it is a nice build!

Step by step you build this skeleton and you just want to see the final version already.

A lot of people here might already have build some AT-AT version and will know the feeling.

The manual is nicely subdivided into 7 parts (and you get 7 bags as well...) so you can work on it whenever you have the time which also is nice.

The minifigures really look cool and the new AT-AT is an eye-catcher once you display it. (Though it is not big enough yet ;-) ).

If you are into star wars and have no AT-AT yet (and even if...) you should get one! For about 100 bucks it's not too expensive and probably you'll even find it cheaper.

Finished up 10243 Parisian Restaurant while watching football today.  I have to say, I think this is the best modular so far.  I had high expectations for it and it exceeded them all.  Even though it's a bit smaller in size, it's a great build and doesn't feel like a big box like some of the others can feel like.  I don't love the green color, but it works well with the whilte.  Looking forward to the detective agency, but I'm out of room on my desk for these unless I change the Town Hall from being a stand-alone.

Finished up 10243 Parisian Restaurant while watching football today.  I have to say, I think this is the best modular so far.  I had high expectations for it and it exceeded them all.  Even though it's a bit smaller in size, it's a great build and doesn't feel like a big box like some of the others can feel like.  I don't love the green color, but it works well with the whilte.  Looking forward to the detective agency, but I'm out of room on my desk for these unless I change the Town Hall from being a stand-alone.

Nebraska is making you want to smash it to pieces.......they aren't looking to hot.

Over the last few days, I built my Halloween village.

I built the haunted house over 4 days - it is a peculiar build in that it starts with all the accessories and then bounces around the building. The end result is spectacular.

I put my ghost train back together from the spring (plane in the box)

My gf built the vampire castle - I think this set might be a winner, it is surprisingly good. (Car in the box)

On the weekend, I built the Vampire hearse - a boring set barely worth the $9 and I don't see it being that successful if you didn't get it cheap.

I can't add a picture using my phone app so I will add it shortly.

post-30305-0-68911000-1412824739_thumb.j

Edited by redghostx
  • Like 2

I've seen many people make their own 2 in 1 build kabob carts and saloons from the creative ambush set, so I decided to test out my MOC skills. The kabob cart took way longer to make than I expected. I also realized I suck at building lego without instructions.

aww come on it can't be that bad lets see some pics

Well that was embarrassing lol

post-41908-0-60739400-1412904894_thumb.j

Edited by Sahntoki

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I've seen many people make their own 2 in 1 build kabob carts and saloons from the creative ambush set, so I decided to test out my MOC skills. The kabob cart took way longer to make than I expected. I also realized I suck at building lego without instructions.

aww come on it can't be that bad lets see some pics

I just got my exo suits and did build one. I'll probably buy more now *****

Honestly this hasn't been a difficult build but it was interesting none the less. I really enjoyed it and I love this set.

Not only is the exo suit itself awesome but EVERYTHING about this set. I love the turtle robot and the minifigures also are cool (though they are nothings too special (depending on your point of view of course...)). And there is a small "cargo bay" which is nice.

I'd say a small "minus" is the instability of the exo suit but other than that "everything is awesome!!!".

It totally reminds me of those exo suits they have in the Alien movie(s) and that's a big plus ;-)

Rarely build sets anymore, however I got some Ice Planet windscreens and a figure from BL a month ago and this is what I've been working on since

I do miss those older windscreen dome parts as the angles gave the design a nice sharp look you can't achieve with the current smoothed over ones. Cool spacecraft by the way.

Just finished the star Wars Gold Leader Y wing 9495. Picked up a dusty box in the back room of my local lego dealer... Real awesome find for South Africa. Loved the way the designers worked with this one. Took me a leisurely 90 minutes. I found the engines to be particularly cool.

post-33870-0-78661900-1414779405_thumb.j

My 7 month old daughter built her first Lego set 10553 and she developped a taste for it.

Her review was, plenty of nice colored pieces. The little bear is most easy to chew on and the window boxed is most useful to poke mommy's eye out. Brilliant set imo.

Edited by Neosphinx
  • Like 3

attachicon.giffirstlego.jpg

My 7 month old daughter built her first Lego set 10553 and she developped a taste for it.

Her review was, plenty of nice colored pieces. The little bear is most easy to chew on and the window boxed is most useful to poke mommy's eye out. Brilliant set imo.

This is so sweet :-)

Great picture. 

Can't wait to read the review ;-)