C3P0 minifigures

templesweeper

I've always thought that the C3P0 minifigs have been awful and below the normal Lego standard. But the one that comes with the Sandcrawler set is awesome. Has anyone heard whether or not that new C3P0 model will be issued in future sets? I really want it but can't afford the Sandcrawler set right now. And I don't want to pay $60 for one mini fig.

At the moment, it doesn't look likely... But I would bet it's just a matter of time. I would guess the first place it lands, if the rumor is true, is the MF play set.

I never even noticed though... I might have to go swap the one in our sand crawler with a more generic one so the kiddies don't wreck it. :)

At the moment, it doesn't look likely... But I would bet it's just a matter of time. I would guess the first place it lands, if the rumor is true, is the MF play set.

I never even noticed though... I might have to go swap the one in our sand crawler with a more generic one so the kiddies don't wreck it. :)

I thought I was the only one that secretly hid the expensive figs :-)

I agree with OP, C3P0 has been underwhelming. I haven't seen the Sandcrawler version in person yet.

I thought I was the only one that secretly hid the expensive figs :-)

I agree with OP, C3P0 has been underwhelming. I haven't seen the Sandcrawler version in person yet.

Hahaha, I don't normally. We do have a few Lego sets that are "display only" or "you can play if you ask, BUT NO DESTROYING" but generally we let the kids play with everything including the modulars. In my mind, that's partly how I justify reselling. We break just as many seals as not. :)

But I see Bricklink the lowest price is $45 or so, so I may just protect this one for a bit.

As to the OP, what I didn't think about was there there are number of unknown EP VII Star Wars sets yet to be revealed.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/7055-7965-millennium-falcon/page-32#entry412200

I can't see C3PO not being included in at least one of them. The question remains, what will his legs and torso look like tho?

Yeah, I am positive a C3P0 will be in a set in the coming year, but yeah.  Which figure?  I just have to hope that the one from the sandcrawler is just the new "norm."  There's no reason why it can't be.  When you look at the detail of some of the Lord of the Rings and even Chima minifigs, it's kind of a shame that some of the C3P0, Chewbacca and Yoda figures have all been lame until very recently.

Yeah, I am positive a C3P0 will be in a set in the coming year, but yeah.  Which figure?  I just have to hope that the one from the sandcrawler is just the new "norm."  There's no reason why it can't be.  When you look at the detail of some of the Lord of the Rings and even Chima minifigs, it's kind of a shame that some of the C3P0, Chewbacca and Yoda figures have all been lame until very recently.

I'm curious to see what role C3PO plays in the new movies and whether he's been changed in the previous 30 years. If he has, then perhaps an entirely new C3PO could be in the works? Just speculating of course. I think the UCS Sandcrawler one is top notch now that I look at it more closely.

• 2 weeks later...

how many of you have the limited to 10 K run crome plated gold C3PO?

Gone through lots of them back in the day... when you could buy them on BL & drop them in the bay at twice+ the price for immediate roi they were just soo hard to keep around.  Probably should have kept one, but didn't bother :-)