New to Brickpicker Community...From New Orleans...Living in Jakarta

New to the Lego Investment Community. I have been a seller on Ebay for about 15 years. So I am always looking for new angles. My wife accuses me of being a hoarder and compulsive shopper. At heart I am a flipper and not an investor, although I have hoarded about 400 Monster High Dolls. I probably have a few dozen Lego sets in storage along with my dolls and various other "junk" as my wife calls it. Twenty Fallout 3 Collectors editions are not junk!!! Nor my Wii Mario Allstars!!! We moved to Indonesia a couple of years ago and now live in Jakarta. Although I am now financially secure...I can't stop "hustling" as I call it. Lego has become my latest thing. We have a Lego Store and a few decent toy stores. Pricing on most Lego tends to be 100 percent higher than in the U.S.. But I manage to find some deals...we still have series 1 Mixels which I am hoarding and bought a few ToO for 165.00. And ship online deals to my brother in New Orleans...Man I miss K-mart!!! My wife thanks the members for creating a Lego Fiend.

• Like 2

People like you are awesome, period. I`ve met quite a few folks in my time who have massive piles of stuff in their basements/garages/etc. It`s like a museum without the admission. Do what you love doing, then keep doing it I say. 

Oh and ah, welcome to the site!  :derisive:

My dolls and the rest of my "Collection" are all in storage as a result of moving to Jakarta.  For me the Monster High party is over....watered down by so many releases.  I have almost all first generation dolls, which many have appreciated quite significantly. Many up 300-500 Percent.  Toralei regularly sells for 100+...17.99 buy in.  Although I am a flipper, what I also do for items I feel will appreciate is flip until my "hold inventory" is paid for then store my "paid for" items.  Never fooled with Ever After...Although I do have a Lot of Strawberry Shortcake...LOL.

Guest JazzyJeffie

Welcome to the forum. Wow, I envy you for having a Lego Store in Jakarta.. In Manila, the Lego Store is still in the works.

Do you also have flea markets there?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Brickpicker mobile app

Welcome to the site Agsimpson13! I  you are enjoying life in Jakarta. Visited there around 3 years ago... exciting place. If the Legos there are selling for 100% above the US, you can continue to "hustle" over there by buying low from the US and selling for a tidy profit!