Greetings from LA

Hello everyone, am new to this site and to investing and I must say I was sold immediately after reading all the articles on this site. Self-admitted adult "kid" who has never outgrown lego. Have always 'known they appreciate in price but never seriously thought about them as possible investments, but now I know better! Am from LA and feel lucky I have a few lego shops within reach. Definitely looking forward to discussing more about this fun and rewarding hobby! 

Welcome aboard, from a fellow Californian down in the OC. There are many of us that are members of this forum.

You have an enormous advantage: between Simi valley and San Diego, you have four traditional lego shops, the Downtown Disney shop, and Legoland as well.

After thorough research on this board regarding Lego investing as a serious investment- if it is something that you consider more than a hobby- your geography alone gives you a significant opportunity. If you decide it is for you, you happen to live in the greatest place possible for acquiring exclusive and hard-to-find sets.

Welcome aboard.

^ Agreed.  You'll hear some of us (okay, mostly me) lament the fact that we don't have Meijer.  And that we don't see the discounts that others do.  That Target stock is gone when it hits 10% off.  That some polybags are never to be seen here.

But, honestly, the amount of opportunity is incredible here.  And sunshine.  :)

... except for today! Eighteen holes at the Hyatt in Carlsbad; it did NOT stop raining for a second. Of all the days, I swear.

But seriously, welcome aboard. If you study and play the game right, get ready to have a lot of fun and make serious money doing so.

Sorry Bold-arrow, the country I listed was incorrect. I have made the changes. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Brick-troll, my mistake... I should have mentioned LA the city, not the state! I didn't know the state of LA does not have a single lego store! I hope lego plans to open one there soon!

Hello Cross,

I'm actually in northern OC and I didn't have a chance to visit the lego stores further north in LA county. I'm just starting out and is eager to hear everyone's thoughts and advice. Now I'm getting the feeling like I'm in "hoarding mode" , buying sets that I think is going to appreciate in price a few years later...with no selling of any sets. My friend advised that it might be more beneficial to put that money into mutual funds or stocks, but I replied I've already tried those and they are boring as well compared to this.