Kmart refund issues

wsuskee

I know its my own fault for shopping at kmart but they give me so many surprise points and 10 off 50 that its hard to pass.  I got two separate packages from them last week that were soaked and smashed.  So I contacted them and asked if there was anything they could do like maybe a partial refund.  I figured I would never hear back but within an hour they said that they would refund my money in full plus add $10 in rewards to my account.  They said it would take 24 hours to happen but now its been a week and nothing.  I contacted them yesterday again and they got right back saying they were so sorry and that they would issue the refund again.  

Is this how they normally try to fix things?  Just tell the customer yes and then never get around to it.

Edited by wsuskee

I know its my own fault for shopping at kmart but they give me so many surprise points and 10 off 50 that its hard to pass.  I got two separate packages from them last week that were soaked and smashed.  So I contacted them and asked if there was anything they could do like maybe a partial refund.  I figured I would never hear back but within an hour they said that they would refund my money in full plus add $10 in rewards to my account.  They said it would take 24 hours to happen but now its been a week and nothing.  I contacted them yesterday again and they got right back saying they were so sorry and that they would issue the refund again.  

Is this how they normally try to fix things?  Just tell the customer yes and then never get around to it.

I usually return to store, or work it out in-store.

I usually return to store, or work it out in-store

I figured that might be my best bet but it is seriously in the worst part of town.  I dont have the ghetto look so I really stick out.  Last time I went a guy asked if I wanted someone to watch my car.  I asked why and he said well your car is really nice and for $5 while you are shopping I will promise you it will be here when you get back.  He also pointed out that the cameras in the lot havent worked in years.  I cant imagine what he would want to charge if I did have a really nice car.  Nothing wrong with my accord just always figure there is something better in the lot to take.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Don't know if it's been mentioned before... I had a small return to take to the store yesterday... it was an item I purchased about 80 days ago, and decided I didn't really need.  At the return desk she looked at the receipt, hesitated a minute, talked to her boss... apparently Kmart has gone to a 30-day policy effective August 3rd, 2015.  She accepted my return because it was purchased before the change. 

• 1 year later...

Just a friendly reminder to be sure to check your Kmart packages soon after receiving them.... I ordered a 75135 Obi-Wan Jedi Interceptor last week and received the item shown below today....

IMG_20161215_164041.jpg

Needless to say I have requested a refund and shipped what I received back.

In addition to this occurance, a few weeks back I was surprised to find a 60055 Monster Truck available for in-store pickup at a Kmart near my office. I ordered it, got the email that it was ready for pickup, and after checking the bag they handed me at the store (glad I did) I found they had substituted another small city set for the 60055. I ended up returning that one on the spot as well...

Who said buying was easy?!