Hello from Colorado

Hi, I'm Matthew. My obsession with LEGO was rekindled a couple years after having our son (about five years ago). First, we received a few kits as gifts, then we bought a few. It wasn't long before I was hooked on playing with LEGO again. About two years ago I was searching for a Batman kit to build with our son, and what I discovered on eBay shocked me. Not kidding. I was floored. The opportunity to invest seemed at once both obvious and sacrilegious. After all, I was brought up to think that LEGO boxes were made to be ripped open and the blocks to be played with...over and over. Right? :-) Now, a few years later, I'm buying "too much" LEGO. About one-third gets open and played with, the other two-thirds is being reserved for speculation. It's still really hard to fight my instinct to open and build every kit that comes in the house, but I'm getting over it. Hope that wasn't too much info. Just wanted to get acquainted and share a bit of my story.