New to the site, forum, and I have a question about CAGR

Greetings,

I've been wandering around the site trying to get a clear explanation or definition of what CAGR is, and haven't found an official looking page defining it. I believe I understand it from context clues, but here is my question: Does the aggregated data used to create a set's CAGR from ebay include any and every sold listing that merely references the set's title or number? In other words, if an ebay lot auction of several sets that happens to include set 75035 sells for $100, does the CAGR for set 75035 get boosted by that $100 sale, even though the sale was not for that set specifically?

I guess I should also ask if there's a page that fully defines CAGR, and where I can find it. 

Thanks

Thanks. Yesterday whenever I clicked the link "What is CAGR" from the price guide tables it kept taking me to the main start page for the Forums section. Now with the direct link it seems to be working. 

Anyway, does anybody know if ebay's terapeak data includes the sales of multiple sets at auction for a single set's CAGR value? Or is a CAGR value for any given set to be taken more or less seriously after the set has been on ebay for over a year?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

After checking some brickpicker data, I have concluded that CAGR for all set whether retired or not, is computed using the first available date to work out the number of years and the beginning value is MSRP. The example in the blog by Ed describing how CAGR is calculated is slightly incorrect as the number of year is worked out from EOL rather than first available date.