Questions about selling/buying star wars sets

legomenace

Hi All--First time poster, long time builder.  Anyways the time has come to thin the sets and my brother mentioned I should pop over here and get some info before selling so I'm not leaving any money on the table.  Here's the scenario I have a few sets I want to sell but am wondering:

does it matter if there is no box?  I have two UCS sets (xwing and tie interceptor from 1999) that have sat on a shelf but the boxes are long gone.  Is it worth it trying to find a box?  does the value plummet without it?

I want to buy either the death star or if the wife approves--the super star destroyer.  Which would you guys vote for as a fun set to build first and re-sale-ability second..

Thanks !

If the boxes are mangled anyway, no real value would be added. The nicer they are, the more chance you will get a significant return on them, but it just depends on who is buying. As stated, paying for a box separately just to add some value to your used sets is practically always a losing proposition.

Instructions and stickers/plaques are generally much more important to be included, especially on UCS sets.

Also, making sure the pieces are clean and if they are not damaged, faded, discolored, etc. you will tend to get the max value more often.

Thanks for the feedback so far!  Given that both kids came in while I was in the shower making a case for the death star then I think the decision has been made  :mosking:

I'll probably sell as is and between these two, some pod racer sets and other misc. sets, scrape up more than enough for a death star (used)

So after putting the sets together I see I have lost some pieces to the sands of time--where would you guys recommend buying misc. pieces from?

Bricklink is where I go! Just make sure you buy from 1 seller because buying from multiple sellers with a fee parts here and there can end up as a lose of profit because of shipping.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Brickpicker mobile app