Hi, recent sign up

I was doing searches to get info about sets and kept getting links to this Brickpicker place, so it was definately time to sign up.

Kind of backed into the Lego world this summer when we bought 17 sets at a garage sale for $165.  No boxes, but pristine and complete with manuals and each nicely in a plastic container.  I recognized some themes like the Star Wars R2D2, but didn't have a clue about the others.  Ended up that in there was Skyline, Sopwith Camel, Creator Ferris Wheel, and a number or retired early-mid 2000s Star Wars like a clone tank and AT-AT.   Actually feel cheap that we haggled on price a bit, the asking wasn't much more but we really didn't have a clue.  They had Lego and Megablok sets priced about the same (6 or so Pro Builder Mega Bloks to) Lots of research later we realize what the heck we stumbled into in our ignorance.  

Anyway, we have built a good number of the sets, sold some off, some will be going as Xmas gifts.  Since then we have bought a couple of jumbled lots of Lego and sorted them out, and have started to acquire a few recently retired or well discounted sets. 

Will be posting for help!

Thanks, appreciate the welcome, didn't expect so many posts. 

hmmm. Couple of references to addiction, well I'm still in denial and call it a hobby! Just ignore the 3 brown delivery boxes that were left on the step today with 6 Lego sets - they were small ones anyway, and it isn't my fault there were good online discounts last week, no budding addiction here.   A nice thing with Lego is my spouse likes them to, so unlike tech and computer stuff, she is very involved, and likes to work with the mixed up lots.

Dundeemac - it was a pretty dream find.   I also forget to mention the Boeing Dreamliner in there as well - just marked as "airplane".   If it was on TV I would yell FIX at the tube. Not going to find that deal again.

Thumper - So true!  Department store shopping is not the same.  Love hunting down the bargains and angles.