canada TRU lego silver mine shootout 79110

ChristopherJB

Thanks for sharing! Unfortunately, this one is definitely a dud investment set, I would not/could not recommend it for that purpose at even $50. Nobody wants these sets, I bought a few trains last year and stagecoachs thinking they were the best of the bunch (I still think they are), however I can`t sell them. I`ve sold a grand total of 1 CTC for $20 more than I paid for the thing, nobody wants Lone Ranger sets. Shame really, because I think if Lego had tweaked the sets a bit more and completely removed all attachment to the brand, they`de sell better, how much better, I don`t know but better. 

Anyway, I`m rambling, back to the Silver Mine. Don`t buy it if you`re investing, spend $100 on something much better, there are tons to choose from. However, if you want a decent variety of parts at a reasonable price, or you`de like to add this set to your collection, then it`s a good buy. I`d actually recommend either/both of those at $50, there are quite a few really good parts in this set, and $50 is reasonable. $89.99 is insane, I don`t care how Lego wants to justify that, $59.99 is more reasonable, no more. Look at the competition, you can buy loads of much better sets for fractions of that price, and for $90 there are still plenty of superior options. That`s why I`d say a very firm definitive NO to investment, good luck finding a buyer. 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing! Unfortunately, this one is definitely a dud investment set, I would not/could not recommend it for that purpose at even $50.

Indeed, it's a good buy for the parts, but certainly not for resale as a set.

The partout value of $93 and the demand/supply ratio of 0.621 are very reasonable, especially now that Black Friday has passed.

Indeed, it's a good buy for the parts, but certainly not for resale as a set.

The partout value of $93 and the demand/supply ratio of 0.621 are very reasonable, especially now that Black Friday has passed.

True! Sorry I kind of rambled/ranted a bit there haha, too much said for such a thread. Anyway, it`s honestly dissappointing that Lone Ranger/Western as a whole is pretty much dead, the sets here are decent, except for the price point. They all need some work (the train is good, but missing an entire passenger car for example). Problem is kids aren`t into this stuff anymore, they go for SW, Superheroes, etc they don`t care about westerns anymore (the Transformers movies made billions at the box office, Lone Ranger cost around the same/more and bombed) no one wants any of the them anymore. Sad but true. 

My advice, if you want buy up a couple of these Silver Mines and build something wicked with the pieces as a tribute, for us older guys it`s still great fun!  :cheese:

Thank you ChristopherJB for the sharing, grab 2.

Yes this set is a dud for investing, it can be easily told by not being able to sold out that TRU seems always list it on  40% off sale.

But for me it is still a beautiful set, and my children will be very happy to have it added to their play list.

Thanks again.

• Like 1