How far will Harry Potter sets go?

ahming2121

I would wait for a little while longer. At this point, I feel like the value of those sets are only going to rise. Wait for Harry Potter to come back into the news somehow and then capitalize on the revitalized popularity

Agreed. Not sure what will bring HP back into the spotlight, but it has a big enough following that these will be worthwhile. It is too early to sell, these just retired within the last couple months. If you need to keep one thing, keep your Hogwarts Castles for a while. These should easily hit $275-$300 before too long.

I got lots of Harry Potter sets in my inventory, is it the time to sell? need your opinion thanks!

I think the Harry potter sets will do fine (especially long-term) after the fans are adults with kids who want to introduce them to that. Oh wait, that is a long time. Potter prob won't do as we'll as Star Wars but should be at least on the same investment scale % gain as Indy Jones. I would also try to invest in initial release of sets or ones that were great redesigned like DA.

Now is the time to buy on Harry Potter sets, especially if you can find the last of them at retail price. Best bets are Diagon Alley and Hogwarts Castle, but the rest of the series should see a nice return. The entire line has been discontinued, so prices should only rise from here on out. I am personally holding out for next Christmas to sell my sets. Without a new book or movie announcement and no new sets on the shelves, I'm not sure that the interest in HP will continue to be strong. I'd look to Indiana Jones for a similar theme in terms on return. I would bet on a 25% CAGR for most of the series.