Airmiles Canada now accepting Air Miles Cash for TRU Canada Vouchers

Sandwraith

For anyone who collects Airmiles' second form of air miles currency: "Air Miles Cash".... they now offer e-vouchers for TRU Canada online and in store.

95 points = $10

190 Points = $20

Not huge, but for someone like me who doesn't use air miles for travel... this is better than their alternatives!

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/SponsorsDetails?Nr=vendor.id:100323

• Like 1

For anyone who collects Airmiles' second form of air miles currency: "Air Miles Cash".... they now offer e-vouchers for TRU Canada online and in store.

95 points = $10

190 Points = $20

Not huge, but for someone like me who doesn't use air miles for travel... this is better than their alternatives!

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/SponsorsDetails?Nr=vendor.id:100323

Good to know. The wife and I share an account and barely use them.

Thanks, I forgot I even had an air miles card.  When I flipped the last house I randomly signed up for one when I bought the kitchen cabinets, also my home insurances automatically gave me points over the past couple of years.  Unfortunately the points were the wrong type to make use of this promotion but I did get a couple of other free toys I would never have thought of. 

...gee at 10 cents on a $20 purchase they're not really giving anything away are they.

Hmm too bad all of mine are in the form of dream miles. I'm not really sure which type of points are better between the two. I pay virtually no attention to Air Miles since it's one of the slowest to earn, and generally lousiest of all the reward points I collect.

This seems to be a growing trend (air-miles becoming less and less desirable). The only thing i use my airmiles for is movie tickets. Once they got rid of them from the "Dream Rewards" section i stopped even checking my points. Until recently when i learned you need to change your preferences to the "Cash" to redeem for Cineplex vouchers. So I've swapped over to the cash now.

I have 300 or so dream points that i will never be able to spend on anything as i don't collect dream anymore... what a waste. They really should let you shuffle the points around.. /grumble

...I have 300 or so dream points that i will never be able to spend on anything as i don't collect dream anymore... what a waste. They really should let you shuffle the points around.. /grumble

I thought I saw an option to donate them to certain charities in there somewhere... or you could get both the English & French version of LuLu magazines :taunt:

I guess we are in the minority... we really use them for flights. :)

The key for us has been booking early (so you get a flight), booking with Westjet (we have the BMO Westjet mastercard so we have less blackout periods with them) and using them for long haul flights. We save them up and use them for international travel as that gets us the most bang for our miles.

I'll have to compre later if the savings we had for our Xmas holiday this year would have equaled the same amount for LEGO, errr, I mean TRU gift certs. :)

Don't knock airmiles too much - make sure you set your preference to airmiles cash. If you have a significant other have them get a separate account (sometimes the best airmile promos are now 1 per account per day/offer period). There were two moonlight madness promos from TRU that were definitely worthwhile. Between my wife and I we were grabbing all those 100 Bonus promos (essentially another $10 off) plus polybag promos and Bricktober sets. It would be crazy not to stack! It won't make or break your investment, but with higher MSRP prices I try to scrape every extra % discount I can from purchases.

Safeway offers 50 airmiles for $40 or 150 air miles for $100 in BC and sometimes they have a 250 airmiles for $100 purchase.  That is really the best opportunity to get airmlies for both cash and a flight.

You can regularly get 2 cases of toilet paper on sale and get 30 air miles.  I don't shop there often, but when I do, I make sure that I can use the washroom at home.

Safeway offers 50 airmiles for $40 or 150 air miles for $100 in BC and sometimes they have a 250 airmiles for $100 purchase.  That is really the best opportunity to get airmlies for both cash and a flight.

You can regularly get 2 cases of toilet paper on sale and get 30 air miles.  I don't shop there often, but when I do, I make sure that I can use the washroom at home.

I come close to 1000 airmiles earned every month and most come from grocery shopping at Safeway. There is one new Safeway near my house that has an exclusive coupon for 200 airmiles when you spend $100. Its just the 2 of us with no kids but we use that coupon 2-3 times a month.

I miss the variety of dream rewards too. My wife is planing on spending our bounty on Australian airfare next year. Once that's done I think I'm switching to cash. I second the may bonus offers that come along, especially from TRU. There have been quite a lot lately and they do add up