Drop shipping scam

Legodog

Well I just watched a seller on eBay sell 10 Pet Shop 10218 sets for $110 each and 10 Fire Brigades for $90 each in about 30 minutes. He also has 10 Tower Bridges for $170 each and they are going fast. He had no photo other than the stock photo for the set and when I asked for a photo he responded "The box is in in-store quality. Not broken or damaged. ". So obviously he didn't even have the item and ignored my request for a photo. This is a seller with 196 feedback and 98.8% rating who has been a member since Aug-30-01. This is absolutely out of control. Basically Lego just lost thousands in those few auctions in the span of 30 minutes. I can't believe there is nothing they can do about this. I guess it makes me just that much more irritated because I have been the victim of this scam 3 times already. I am sure you can report a seller without having purchased from them before but I just don't think there is anything eBay can do. How can they prove this person is drop shipping. btw the sellers username is danielcsotai so stay far away from this person.

I had this happen yesterday to me...A seller on ebay (colantonioerika) posted a listing for a "Tower Bridge" at $190 with Free Shipping...I immediately clicked on "Buy It Now", thinking I was getting a great deal...The package came yesterday, shipped directly from Lego, with a completely different person in the Billed To column..This seller doesn't currently have any listings on ebay, but keep an eye out for them in the future!

It's just sad. These people are only a few out of dozens (maybe even hundreds) you see doing this on eBay. I saw this guy sell $2300+ in 30 minutes and he is still selling the Tower Bridges with 8 left. By the time it is done we are talking almost $4000 from 1 seller in 1 day.

Here is the specific Freelancer ad that the seller I dealt with had responded to, just for informational purposes: We are looking for productive Auction sellers with outstanding accounts to add to our team. At first you will be listing around 1-3 items at one time, after a certain period of time you will be listing 10+ items at one time. Some of our sellers are making $1600+ a week.We are here to look for reliable business relationship and will take good care for every new seller.These are genuine products. These are not fakes or counterfeit!!Requirements:- You'll need an Auction account with a decent amount of Positive Feedback. You will be listing on ANY Auction site and ships to worldwide.- Your auction account must be more than 6 months old. Preferably more than a year old.- You must have a valid, working and completely unlimited verified Paypal account which has been used often for transactions (So payments don't get held). You must not have any sending or receiving limits.- You should have the time in the day to answer customer questions, list items and create sales reports.- You should be experienced in selling; I will provide listing descriptions, images etc.; I will answer your questions but you must be able to follow simple directions and think for yourself.- You must be able to send reports in excel format in an organised way (I will provide excel spreadsheet).- You must be able to speak good English.Information:- Auctions will be BIN (Buy-it Now) in Fixed price format for most items.- You will receive 25% per sale; you will be selling more than one item per day.- Shipping for most items is free.- You will send a sales report at the end of each day; items will be posted the next working day.- Items will be shipped once I receive payment and tracking numbers will be provided with most items.- Support questions will be forwarded to me and I will write the reply to send. Basically, you could just go here: http://www.freelancer.com/jobs/eBay/ and look at any ad asking for an eBay seller and you would almost have a guarantee it is part of the dropship-type of scam This ad is actually verbatim to what my scam seller was working to: http://www.freelancer.com/projects/Internet-Marketing-Sales/NEED-EBAY-AND-AMAZON-SELLERS.html

Well here is what Lego responded with. It sounds like they are clueless. Thanks for getting in touch with us. I looked at your order, Jonathan. It was placed by another person. I also see that you have ordered through us before and you are a VIP member. I do not why you placed the order through a third party. You would have earned VIP points had you ordered directly from LEGO

Here's what I take from that answer: 1) Continue looking on Lego to get a price figure for a set you are interested in 2) Wait for someone on ebay to put it up for sale (at a reduced price) 3) Buy-It Now and reap the benefits! Yes, you don't get the VIP Points, but you end up saving in the long-run (as long as you don't have the cops showing up at your house like an earlier poster did)!!

I will just keep the email so if anything happens in the future I can show it to them. As of right now I am just going to keep the sets and continue on. But I will be staying away from these people on eBay in the future. If you think an auction is sketchy post it here and we can all help you decide if it is a scam or not. They are pretty easy to spot now.