TRU Richmond BC has Star Wars calendar

ChristopherJB

Just arrived in Richmond BC and found a stash come in. $34.95 each. They had a box of ten. Went there with my friend to grab 4 each. They gave us a $15 gift card for spending $100. I left two on the shelf. Should still be there as I finished dinner and saw them collecting dust. Sold a few of these at $80 shipped. You canadians have it good. Everything is dirt cheap.

Everything except... taxes, gasoline, ferries, alcohol, cigarettes, books, clothing, toys, dairy: milk, cheese, butter, eggs..., bread or grains, cereal, produce except for locally grown, junk food, organic food, health food, vitamin supplements, antihistamines, ibuprofen/acetaminophen (but we can get extra strength OTC and other goodies), razor blades, shampoo, creams - generally ANY personal effect or toiletry, cosmetics, poultry, shelving, housing (subjective based on percentage of income), restaurant bills, golf by 100+% - actually, most sports. 

I am sure I missed about 100+ categories, but I got enough of them not counting what employers have to pay as well. :)

And everyone can be assured that as the dollar drops, the purchasing power of Canadians will drop in reference to the American dollar. Ask border towns how much their economies decrease as the Canadian dollar devalues.

• Like 4

Clearly you are deluded

Today is November 29th, 2014, not 2013 check the exchange rate again buddy.

A tumbler for $229 in canada is cheaper than a tumbler at $200USD. Simpsons house is another example. I can go on and on. Went to target and some of the sales in canada is plain ridiculous now. Told my friend about some of the items and he rolled the carts in and had me help him clean the shelves. Just go check your target clearance prices, then punch them up on ebay. I base my findings on real facts and sold item, not on burying my head in an igloo.

A tumbler for $229 in canada is cheaper than a tumbler at $200USD. Simpsons house is another example. I can go on and on. Went to target and some of the sales in canada is plain ridiculous now. Told my friend about some of the items and he rolled the carts in and had me help him clean the shelves. Just go check your target clearance prices, then punch them up on ebay. I base my findings on real facts and sold item, not on burying my head in an igloo.

Don't be a jackass.

I was just at my local Target and they had ZERO Lego on sale never mind clearance. Nothing, not a single sale tag.

Your two examples are also bull. The current exchange rate is 1.13 which means Simpsons House at $200US is equal to 226 Canadian after exchange. The ONLY set currently available that this applies to is the T1 with a $10 price difference. 120US equals 135 CDN.

Of course once you take into account tax differences, you're way out of touch with reality. No wonder they banned you so many times. This isn't a place to give out bad advice or gloat about hot cakes and parking lot craft tables selling illegally imported crafts.

Don't be a jackass.

I was just at my local Target and they had ZERO Lego on sale never mind clearance. Nothing, not a single sale tag.

Your two examples are also bull. The current exchange rate is 1.13 which means Simpsons House at $200US is equal to 226 Canadian after exchange. The ONLY set currently available that this applies to is the T1 with a $10 price difference. 120US equals 135 CDN.

Of course once you take into account tax differences, you're way out of touch with reality. No wonder they banned you so many times. This isn't a place to give out bad advice or gloat about hot cakes and parking lot craft tables selling illegally imported crafts.

I did not say lego sale at target. Some guy was saying things are expensive in canada. Go look in other sections. The door busters sales were insane. There is money made from other toy sales at target to subsidize your lego purchases. Also make use of the price match if you can, then add the red card. Be smart about it, no need to call others names.

He worked hard for that BrickPicker Troll badge, he has to live up to it. :)

How am i trolling when i am giving you a heads up? Next time I see the haunted house available at TRU.ca or TH, i will not notify anyone if this is the case. It showed up last week and i sent a pm to a few guys in this forum to clean house. I was nice enough to post about the sc this week. The GE comes in and out sometimes. Don't expect any favors from me. I know exactly who to PM and who not to.

How am i trolling when i am giving you a heads up? Next time I see the haunted house available at TRU.ca or TH, i will not notify anyone if this is the case. It showed up last week and i sent a pm to a few guys in this forum to clean house. I was nice enough to post about the sc this week. The GE comes in and out sometimes. Don't expect any favors from me. I know exactly who to PM and who not to.

Troll badges are earned by comments like "Everything is dirt cheap."

Don't pretend to be so benevolent. You PM a few people about deals, hooray for you.

If you haven't noticed, nobody believes you aren't Supraboy and nobody believes you arent being a tool in the forums. Even if said persona was true, nobody appreciates you having your secretary (administrative assistant is the acceptable title) sell them in the TRU parking or clearing out all of our dirt cheap deals to sell to your wonderful customers overseas.

BP is about making money yes, and I've appreciated the few heads ups you've posted publicly about but please stop giving out bad advice like set X is cheaper in Canada when it's not.

• Like 1

Its good for you because your primary currency of doing business is USD and not the CDN dollar and you take advantage of both markets equally apparently. Where as I can't buy readily in the USA market (I'm about 1000km from the US border) and don't have a big source of USD to play with. Also I can't sell on eBay with an equal footing as another seller with a USA address. So your facts are skewed about what Canadian buyers can take advantage of and what you take for granted. A lower Canadian dollar helps me sell at a bit better margin but still costs the same for me to buy the same items here. It may get worse if LEGO decides to jack up prices again next year due to a depressed CDN dollar.

And the Igloo comment was SOOO original. :negative:

Edited by lobo1969
  • Like 1

I volunteer myself for a subscription to the HH in-stock notification mailing list.

I will notify you when I see it. TRU.ca has hidden/phantom links to the HH. I have a friend who works there and he sends me links to it before it goes live.

It also shows up on amazon.ca once in awhile. I have seen the GE pop up more but I disregard it because it's not something i care to stockpile more. I am sure there are BPers cleaning that out.

There is the $15 off gift card that you could use next week with TRU, if you bought the simpsons house the last few days with the 5% rebate from paypal, you can take it back to the store next week and knock off another $15. This is assuming you spent $100 on something else yesterday. So basically 5% paypal cash back plus $15 off simpsons house. There are more tricks to knock that house down to $160 but i rather be quiet about it. How else do some people flip this for $200 and profit from it. A few of my friends are flipping it for $20 profits nonstop in the province of BC.

• Like 1