New to the site? Need help?

Hello and welcome to BrickPicker, friend!

Before you peruse through what this site has to offer, why not tell us a little about yourself?
It need not be anything personal or a lenghty description.
Maybe why you enjoy LEGO? Are you a builder, collector, or investor? Perhaps a mix of the three?
Whatever it may be, all of us welcome every new member with open arms and are here to help with any question you have.
From City to Star Wars to general investment questions, you will find separate categories for just about everything.

Have a great time collecting/investing, fellow member!

Need help with certain features?
Look below for a quick list of frequently asked questions to get you going in the right direction.

How do I add sets to my Brickfolio?

1.) Click the BRICKFOLIO tab on the left hand side of the home page to expand it.

2.) Click on the ADD BRICKFOLIO ITEM link.

3.) Type the name or number of the set into the text box.

Having the set number is ideal, but the name works just as well.

You may have to wait a minute or two for the search results depending on your browser.

4.) Select the correct set from your search results and input the correct data in all forms.

Then hit the Submit button at the bottom of the screen and you're done.

It takes about 15-20 minutes before the Brickfolio badge in your forum signature reflects the changes.

How do I embed videos into my post and what is the maximum limit?

1.) Go to the page for the video and copy the html link from the address bar.

2.) Paste the html link anywhere in the post and you're done.

The system will automatically convert the link into the video and there is a maximum limit of three per post. Anymore after that and the link will simply turn into a hypertext link instead of an embedded video. Doing the traditonal hypertext link is unlimited, so if you have more than one video to share go that way.

Be aware that some videos will not play in an embedded player.

How do I embed images into my post and what is the maximum limit?

It depends on which site you are linking the image from.

There is a maximum limit of ten per post.

I really need to go more in depth with this one when I can.

As more questions arise, I will update the list with those solutions.

• 2 months later...

I have a question, if someone gave you a set, when adding it to your brickfolio, should you add the retail price or $0 since you didn't pay anything?

I would put the going price for that set at the time it was given to you. Say you got the set in December and it was worth $46.90 then. Now it is worth $71.00. You can still track the growth over time that way. Also there is a section for notes at the very bottom of the page that alows you to add an item to you Brickfolio. You can put a note there saying that the set was given to you. I usually put a note of where I got it (ie. Target Clearance on Pulaski Ave.). Every set I have gotten as a gift, I have opened, so I have never had to do this, but these are my thoughts.

So you only put your unopened sets on your brickfolio?

Techinically you could, and this is what I do. I don't really need to keep track of the rate that sets grow at for ones I have opened, as they are for personal use, not for investment purposes. Unless I buy the set used, then I keep them in a different spreadsheet, but I still keep track of them.

I'm not really an investor. More of a collector. I'll just put all my sets on. I like to see what they are worth.

That's all right, that's how most of us have started out. I may just make another BrickPicker account to track my opened sets so I don't have to look them up every time.

I have a question, if someone gave you a set, when adding it to your brickfolio, should you add the retail price or $0 since you didn't pay anything?

I would add the item to the list with a $0. It was a gift and didn't cost you a cent so even if the set does go below retail in value, you will still have made a profit since no actual money came out of your pocket.

Once you add sets, can you take them off?

Yes. You can either DELETE the set entirely from your Brickfolio when browsing through it or you can change the quantity by EDITing the set.

My brickfolio is exclusively used sets... unfortunately...

Every set I still have from when I was a kid would be considered 'used' no matter how well I took care of them, so don't feel too bad about it. Heck, it really wasn't until this last year or so before I even have a current standing of about 64% of my entire collection are 'new'.

Thanks for posting this TOK! This will definitely help out newcomers!! :)

That's what I was hoping for. Thought it would be easy to find this thread since it's the only 'sticky noted' thread around beside the custom avatar idea one.

Hi, I don't know if anyone else has done this but I'm new to this website. I'm 23 and about to graduate college and I love LEGO. Thank God I just got over my dark ages of LEGO last year during the autumn months. I am now an investor, collector, and builder, but still consider myself a "noob."

Hi, I don't know if anyone else has done this but I'm new to this website. I'm 23 and about to graduate college and I love LEGO. Thank God I just got over my dark ages of LEGO last year during the autumn months. I am now an investor, collector, and builder, but still consider myself a "noob."

Hello bioseball, and welcome to the site! Did you have a question or just felt like saying hello?

• 2 weeks later...