How do you pack and ship incomplete sets?

brickphase

The other option is to reseal the original bags. But if you do that, get proper equipment to do that, not just tape. That can look quite nice. Depending on how many you want to sell that way it might be cheaper in the long run - but those zip lock baggies are usually also darn cheap.

In any case: don't leave anything even only halfway open, and if you end up having many small baggies, put them in one larger bag, and that into the box/envelope.

I don't save mine, but does it make a difference that the sets are otherwise new?

For sets where just the figs are missing it might be interesting to have the original bags if they are numbered, and the set is bigger. It can make the build quite a bit easier to not have everything effectively in one, large pile.

• Like 1

My wife has bought lots of several incomplete sets on eBay before. I would leave pieces in the original, but opened, bags and place them in new ziploc bags (that is how hers came and it makes sense...so the pieces don't slosh around inside the mailer and become easy to lose once the mailer is opened...also eases the build in that you still have the numbered bags as well). Then toss it all in a padded mailer. And don't underestimate the power of the USPS padded flat rate envelope (if you exceed 13 oz)!