Need helps on identity the parts

szhang0407

Question

17 answers to this question

Just a friendly tip that I have learned:   Look for the most unique piece on the set and enter that part # on Bricklink.  (In your case I would look at the four long brown wedge pieces, which I believe are Part #30382)

So once you successfully see the part on BL, click the link for "This part appears in X sets, view them"  and then scroll down to the color your part is.   

I just did this and sure-enough, set # 7660 has four of those in Reddish-Brown, and looks (as I can tell) exactly like what you posted a picture of (which someone linked earlier)

You can then look at the set inventory and pretty easily identify a few more parts to confirm.  (For example, I actually mistook that as set # 7111, but  a few back & forth glances to your picture set me straight)

I do this often, and find it is the easiest way to ID sets.   I also part out sets, so this method works well for that... 

Edited by Victorymike18

Just a friendly tip that I have learned:   Look for the most unique piece on the set and enter that part # on Bricklink.  (In your case I would look at the four long brown wedge pieces, which I believe are Part #30382)...

but how do you first work out the part no?

(currently going through c. 20kgs of lego...)

Alasdair