Sears Canada put 3 sets on 40% off sale

bigreen

Hi buddies,

Sears Canada now put

1. Ninjago 70505 Temple of Light

2. Ninjago 9450 Epic Dragon Batle

3. Friends 41004 Rehearsal Stage

on 40% off sale until Nov. 23.

How I wish that $50 off for spending $200 or more coupon is still available!

Hope this could do some help to you guys.

• Like 1

You can use the $10 off $75 code: 941612854

It brings Epic Dragon Battle down to 67.99 + tax. Even if you don't want to invest, you might know someone who buys Lego for their kids. Pretty solid discount.

You can also use the $15 off $150 and get free shipping to home if you want. Seems with codes you can push these to around 50% off. Not too shabby.

Awesome.  Thanks Stragus.  Just put in an order for 2 Lion Chi Temple...top choice on my son's xmas wish list :)  Will try to flip one for small margin to offset my costs.  There's a promo code of $15 off $150 purchase also...941612809.  Extra savings.  Hope my order goes through.   

*just got confirmation email from Sears.ca so looks promising.  After taxes with local store pickup...Lion Chi Temple comes to $93.21 each.  So some margin there for profit.  For personal use/gift, great deal IMO. 

Edited by weakside

A couple things on this list worth buying - some for investment and some for personal use. The Duple Cinderella sets are going under the tree! The Chi Temple, City Park Cafe and Downtown Bakery look worthwhile for investment, especially with the additional promo code.

Money in the bag on the chi temple. Been selling these on bricklink for $135 plus shipping. I punched in 5 orders of two to max out free shipping and discounts. Add the greatcanadian rebates and the cost for each after pst and gst is $85.

Ebay is fetching $115USD plus shipping. So this is a no brainer for resellers.

Sadly TRU has been 'undercutting' us at $99 (limit 2). The limit 2 means stock will be a little more spread around than if they allowed minimum 5 or no limit. Prices peaked a few weeks ago until this latest TRU debacle. Even getting them at $85, I think the margins are going to be razor thin until all US stock dries up. 

If you are okay with the risk (I think someone posted on here that TRU.COM got a couple thousand Chi Temples a couple weeks back) of having to hold these for awhile, the buy in price is great. 

Agreed with Veegs, I'm not convinced by Chi Temple 70010 either. I wrote some software to determine my part prices, and it estimates a partout value under $150 (probably due to a recent and ongoing abundance for these parts, which will exceed the demand for a while).

It's not bad by any mean, but in these times of Black Friday, we can find better out there.