ULine shipping box sale

mscheaf

There products are a great quality compared to you're ordinary boxes.  They just rotate the boxes on "sale" every few months.  Shipping is very reasonable but I would recommend ordering a pallets worth if you are not local.  They get heavily reduced freight rates and thats your best option.  You can get a pallet shipped through them usually for under $75 as they ship from the closest facility.  Also if you order $300 or $500 pick a free gift that you can sell and you get some money back that way.  The Johnny Trigg BBQ kits and Tervis tumblers sell well also.  We order once a week and they use local delivery as they are in our city and charge about $35 shipping for the whole order.  Stuff like the packing peanuts and bubble wrap are impossible to pick up so it works out great.  I stock about 30-40 box sizes so we just order whats out for the week.  Issues with product damage are cut way down as the boxes are 200lb strength and don't crush as easily as economy stock boxes.  

Some good starter sizes for LEGO products are 6x6x6 12x9x4 12x8x6 10x10x4 14x12x6 16x12x4 18x12x6 20x14x6 and for larger modular type sets 24x24x6

The white boxes good for polybags are S-156 and S-159 for the small box sets

If you're ordering just a bundle though the time you factor in UPS ground it might not be worth it for you needs but if you want to stock up and not have to worry about ordering them it can be a good deal.  You can get a ton of boxes on a pallet.

• Like 2

There products are a great quality compared to you're ordinary boxes.  They just rotate the boxes on "sale" every few months.  Shipping is very reasonable but I would recommend ordering a pallets worth if you are not local.  They get heavily reduced freight rates and thats your best option.  You can get a pallet shipped through them usually for under $75 as they ship from the closest facility.  Also if you order $300 or $500 pick a free gift that you can sell and you get some money back that way.  The Johnny Trigg BBQ kits and Tervis tumblers sell well also.  We order once a week and they use local delivery as they are in our city and charge about $35 shipping for the whole order.  Stuff like the packing peanuts and bubble wrap are impossible to pick up so it works out great.  I stock about 30-40 box sizes so we just order whats out for the week.  Issues with product damage are cut way down as the boxes are 200lb strength and don't crush as easily as economy stock boxes.  

Some good starter sizes for LEGO products are 6x6x6 12x9x4 12x8x6 10x10x4 14x12x6 16x12x4 18x12x6 20x14x6 and for larger modular type sets 24x24x6

The white boxes good for polybags are S-156 and S-159 for the small box sets

If you're ordering just a bundle though the time you factor in UPS ground it might not be worth it for you needs but if you want to stock up and not have to worry about ordering them it can be a good deal.  You can get a ton of boxes on a pallet.

Thanks for the sizes.  I didn't want to go measure my inventory to see what would work out best.

Thanks for the sizes.  I didn't want to go measure my inventory to see what would work out best.

if you type the size in the search box it will give you the S- number they use to take the order.  Those are just a lot of what I use compared to the others so depending on your collection you might need to vary it.  

There is a nice thread in the buying and selling forum that describes the sizes that fit sets.

My order of small size boxes almost doubled once shipping was added. It was like $45 for 100 small boxes. I realize I could get free shipping with $300 order but I have neither the money or the room for $300 in boxes.

• 2 weeks later...

I too find uline's shipping charge prohibitive for a small fry like me.  I don't need 100 boxes at a time.  I know the size may not match as well, but for large Lego sets, perhaps this box from home depot is a better solution? 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Plain-Brown-Box-26-in-x-26-in-x-6-in-10-Box-Bundle-PRA0143B/203596658?******=5yc1vZc89rZ1z0tupg

its dimension of 26 x 26 x 6 is large enough for almost all large Lego sets.  I understand that the dimension is not as perfect as what we can find from uline, but assuming you have a home depot store close to you (I would think that's true for most of us), you can just save the shipping cost by picking it up from the store.

I too find uline's shipping charge prohibitive for a small fry like me.  I don't need 100 boxes at a time.  I know the size may not match as well, but for large Lego sets, perhaps this box from home depot is a better solution? 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Plain-Brown-Box-26-in-x-26-in-x-6-in-10-Box-Bundle-PRA0143B/203596658?******=5yc1vZc89rZ1z0tupg

its dimension of 26 x 26 x 6 is large enough for almost all large Lego sets.  I understand that the dimension is not as perfect as what we can find from uline, but assuming you have a home depot store close to you (I would think that's true for most of us), you can just save the shipping cost by picking it up from the store.

Via USPS:

The problem with this size is you're over 79 inches, which means you won't be able to ship to many countries. The second problem is you're over 84 inches (but less than 108), so you're stuck paying the 20 lb balloon weight for domestic shipments.