Another new member from UK

Hi guys,

here an Italian guy, living in UK for now.

I started to play with Lego long time ago, I think like everybody here, themes Pirates and the Castle/Robin Hood, but this was in the previous century and now all those pieces are lost like tears in the rain.

Because of my job, I moved around in Europe and there were never money or space to start to play again with Lego, no way I could start to build my modular city. Some times I was buying one of these very small model that you can keep in a pocket.

The only thing I was able to achieve was the mini-modular as Christmas gift two years ago, few weeks before leaving Cologne (I still have to build two of them).

This year I got a baby daughter so I got an excuse to spend more time in toy stores (always loved it) and planning my version of what in Italy we call Presepe, forget about religion, let's have something fun and buy Lego. Also we need role models for a young girl so I was waiting for the Research Institute. I imagine that everyone can do Seasonal + Out of stock and understand how I arrived to this website (very nice).

At the end I was able to convince my wife to try to buy one or two sets and keep them for a while as investment, so here I'm.

I bought few Research Institutes sets, paying them more than the retail price, but I'm still thinking to keep them as gift for my daughter, my nice and a third one as investment for the future. 

With the same logic I'm going to buy a VW Camper, because if the price won't raise my wife is willing to build and keep it. Not sure if this is a good way of approaching investing in Lego.

I'm going to start my Christmas scene with last year Winter Village Market and skip this year set (not very nice in my opinion). 

Finally I got few questions for you guys:

- Where to start to sell lego, ebay or amazon?

- On ebay and amazon I see often Lego sets with prices well above the L@**** or amazon prices, sets still available everywhere, what's the point of those prices?

Thanks,

Mucio

Guest TabbyBoy

Benvenuto, Mucio.  Before investing a lot into Lego, try to research these forums as much as you can as it's not as easy to make a quick buck as it once was.  I made the mistake of going in head first before even knowing that BrickPicker existed.  I think it's wrong that Amazon's resellers inflate the RRP to make their items appear good value.  Out of principle, I will never sell again on Amazon - also their fees are high and rules are strict.

Where are you in the UK?  I'm near Reading.

Hi there!

If you've not seen my thread about my own experiences with investing, take a look:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10456-my-one-way-transition-from-investor-to-seller/

It might save you some time and money.

If I can find a way to sell locally without shipping and without ebay/paypal fees, then I think it might be worth all the effort.

• Like 1

Welcome to brickpicker!

It's difficult to say where to start with buying since there are times where you can find a set cheaper in one shop and other times where you can find it cheaper at another shop...

Normally ebay and amazon are okay/good especially if you don't have anything close by.

With VIP-points (double VIP-points) LEGO-Shop also is okay (depending on the set).

Especially the none exclusives will be found for less in big toy stores (like walmart, target, Toys'R'Us, etc. (there are some I don't know in the UK as well, you'll find the answers to your question when you look through the forum in the "deals" section)).

Good luck and have fun!

My wife was in Frome yesterday and told me that it's quite nice (copared to here) so she want to bring me there during the weekend. Any nice place to eat something there?

And, because you are local, any nice lego/toy shop in this area?