I think I got scammed out of Town Hall

I would like to ask a few questions.

Can only the Lego website list Lego exclusives?

This is where i ordered it from.

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/lego-exclusive-town-hall-lego-10224/BH2UZ5

They later sent me an email after ordering saying:

After many 'fraudulent' we have to ask you for a scan of your card and drivers license.

also they took the money out my bank and my order says processing....

Help! :(

Hi all I purchased a grand emporium from a website of the internet that had a .co.uk domain name but I think it may have been Dutch as I was on the uk version. Anyway I thought only lego had liscenses to sell modular sets?? So anyway I ordered the set last night and got an email today saying that because there has been many fraudulent orders lately that I had to scan my passport and drivers liscense and sent it to them then they would ship the order???? Also wanted a picture of the last 4 didgits of my debit card??

Is it a scam?

I thought only lego had liscenses to sell modular sets??

It can vary according to countries. Modulars are absolutely not exclusive in France for example.

I had to scan my passport and drivers liscense and sent it to them then they would ship the order???? Also wanted a picture of the last 4 didgits of my debit card??

Is it a scam?

Run away and don't look back. Serious sellers have a paypal account.

There are two threads now with the same problem, and likely the same shop too (please mods, combine them).

The shop itself looks legit. Your order might be fine after all. What I would do is contact them directly and ask what they are thinking requesting these things. They might be as surprised as you are now. That email might not be from them after all. Even if it is, a direct contact - best via phone if you can - can resolve often this.

Guest TabbyBoy

I paid with a debit card so what now?

I hope your bank looks after as debit cards offer limited protection, that's why I only use a credit card or PayPal online even if there's a small processing fee. I bought a tent for

How did you use a debit card online? You have to provide you PIN to route it through the debit network and typically that is only available by swiping the card through a POS terminal. I don't even think the card physically has all of the information written on it to successfully complete a debit transaction by hand -- I think part of the info is embedded in the strip data since they typically have to reprogram cards in the bank when you change your PIN.

If you submitted it as a credit card, then it went through the credit card network whose logo is on the card -- visa check card, for example.

As long as you went through the cc network, then it comes with their standard protection policies.

Always check to see where the company is located, no offense to anyone but if its based anywhere near Asia i dont buy. Call their customer service, if they dont have a phone # or address thats usually a red flag, check them out on BBB or just do a simple google search. 10 min of effort can save you a lot of hassle.