eBay TRS 20%+5% discount (Extended Holiday Returns)

redghostx

I haven't seen this discussed yet:

http://announcements.ebay.com/2014/10/good-news-for-top-rated-sellers-extended-holiday-returns-no-longer-required-for-top-rated-plus-benefits-but-will-earn-you-a-bonus-5-discount/?_trksid=p3984.m2301.l3955

Basically, eBay has modified its seasonal policy to no longer require extended returns for TRS this season.  However, if you do offer extended returns you save an additional 5% on your FVF

I haven't seen this discussed yet:

http://announcements.ebay.com/2014/10/good-news-for-top-rated-sellers-extended-holiday-returns-no-longer-required-for-top-rated-plus-benefits-but-will-earn-you-a-bonus-5-discount/?_trksid=p3984.m2301.l3955

Basically, eBay has modified its seasonal policy to no longer require extended returns for TRS this season.  However, if you do offer extended returns you save an additional 5% on your FVF

Ha!  I imagine some serious top sellers had very serious talk with serious people from the upper floor. Perhaps expensive champagne and paid trips to bahamas (hopefully during hurricane season) were involved.

Edited by No More Monkeys

That is good news.  I'll be passing on the additional FVF discount in favor of dropping the ridiculous extended return policy.  I would think they received enough negative feedback from sellers to change this.  I know I talked to them about it on the phone a couple weeks ago.

That is good news.  I'll be passing on the additional FVF discount in favor of dropping the ridiculous extended return policy.  I would think they received enough negative feedback from sellers to change this.  I know I talked to them about it on the phone a couple weeks ago.

Someone still need to have a talk with effing Paypal and their ridiculous 180 day claim window ...

That is good news. And if this would mean 5 percentage points less FVF (5% instead of 10% for example), it might even be an incentive. But that would be too good...

This is a tough consideration still because that 5% is all profit in reality. Its not affected by COGS (other than offering the returns).

Last year my fees were about 3500$ for all of November, dec, Jan. 5% of that is $175...

Lol I can't say any of this with a straight face. No way in hell I am doing extended returns.

• Like 2