40106 - Toy Workshop

blue leader

Hey BPs, just found this site, so helpful.

I've been flipping a low volume of WV sets for a few years, but thought I'd get some input on the promo set 40106.

Would it be wise to hold on to this set and sell as a bundle with Santa's Workshop after EOL? Sell by itself? It seems the most connected (of the promo sets) to a main WV set.

Is anyone else excited about the ROI possibility on Santa's Workshop? I think this will be huge.

I plan on selling my Toy Workshops along with Santa's Workshop and I think it's a great combo.

Although, I'm really surprised the Toy Workshop is still available at LEGO Shop at Home this late in the month, especially during a 2x VIP promo.

I bet they are selling it for the first few weeks of next month too

I plan on selling my Toy Workshops along with Santa's Workshop and I think it's a great combo.

It's a great combo but it will depend on your investing plans. This seasonnal set is so cool that I think it can be sold by itself. :)

Lots of profits to make by selling these during 1st-18th December this year.

Do you think this set will do well on its own, or better combined with the 2nd promotional set that comes out black friday weekend? I'm kinda worried about how I'm going to get multiples of set 2 since it's only for 1 weekend. Think they'll be given out online too? Anyone have advice on getting them? I managed to get 5 of the toy workshop, but it was a hassle sending in different friends/family cause it's limited to 1 and the stores/online are strict around here I guess.

It's so funny cause my extended family has 3 different VIP accounts cause we all live at different addresses and do our own shopping, but when we go to Lego together (it's a bit of a drive) they tell us we "came in together so we only count as 1 customer" which I think is bull. Basically, we can't shop or carpool together according to them.

• 2 weeks later...

So maybe I'm a big dummy, but I sold three 40106 on ebay today at $22.95 (free shipping).  It kind of caught me by surprise. I had them listed a couple weeks ago at that price BIN. They didn't move.  Others were selling for $19 or so.  Then had a foreign buyer offer $60 for all 3.  I accepted. They never paid... but it shut down my listing for a while.  So just today I thought I'd relist them.  Surprising... there were at least seven other BIN offers at lower prices (as low as $21.50)  But mine went to three different buyers within a couple hours.

Edited by Kenxxx

• 3 weeks later...