Possible to order from a different region if the order is going to that region?

Alpinemaps

I have a friend in Australia.  I'm in the US.

I'd like to order a couple of small things from the Australia store, and have them send it to her direct.  I'd prefer not to order or buy here in the States, and then mail it to her.

Is that even possible?

I tried to do it tonight.  I carted a couple of keychains ($7 AUS each).  But when I went to check out, the only options for shipping were a $25 option and another higher option ($30 or $50, cannot remember).

I was logged into my VIP account, so I can only figure it was thinking I wanted them shipped to the US.

I checked now as I thought it wasn't possible since I guessed that you had to have a card with a billing address in the store's country, but turns out I was wrong. You can order with a card from any of the existing LEGO Shop at Home countries in any of the LEGO Shop at Home stores. Thing with the AU store is that, as with most things Australia, it's really expensive when compared to non-AU purchases.

So basically, yes, you can order, and yes, the price was right.

I checked now as I thought it wasn't possible since I guessed that you had to have a card with a billing address in the store's country, but turns out I was wrong. You can order with a card from any of the existing LEGO Shop at Home countries in any of the LEGO Shop at Home stores. Thing with the AU store is that, as with most things Australia, it's really expensive when compared to non-AU purchases.

So basically, yes, you can order, and yes, the price was right.

Okay, thanks.  Bummer about the shipping costs - I was just going to buy 2 keychains.

I'll just grab the keychains locally, and mail them from here.