8099 - Midi-scale Imperial Star Destroyer

fxdl96

I have an opportunity to grab about half a dozen of '8099 Midi-Scale Imperial Star Destroyer' for a flat 25$(CAD) a piece from a private seller. Before I jump on it I was wandering if any one has had any luck selling this set for profit? I intend to keep one for my personal collection and sell the rest at the second market.

It's hard to pass things up when we come across them at a good price, but I would think that this would be a good one to pass up. Get one for yourself if you want one for your collection, and maybe one more for investment purposes. When I look at this, I just see a boring watered down version of a Star Destroyer. From an individual piece perspective, there aren't any cool or rare pieces here. There are also no mini figures. I don't mean to sound negative or discouraging towards this set, I am just being honest about how I feel when I look at it. It doesn't provide me with the excitement I often feel when I behold a great LEGO set for the first time.

I picked up a few of these at a Walmart (I believe they were Wally exclusives in the U.S.) after Christmas last year on clearance for $9 each and was able to flip them for retail. I had a hard time because they dont have any minifigures and that is why many people buy sets. I dont think it would be a bad investment but it may take time to make a really good profit.

thanks for your honest answers everyone. I had a doubt on this set but I could really tell why. I though I could make a decent profit reselling them but I checked on Ebay and no one seems to want them either. Like you guys said: no minifigs, boring design and no special pieces, I'll buy one for my collection and forget about the rest!

I have to also agree with the other members on this one. The main reason is that there are no minifigs in this set. I picked up two at clearance last year and kept one for my collection and only made a small profit on the other one. I actually like the midi-scale falcon alot better than this one.....