Huge discounts at Walmart this week - up to $.86!!!

Thumper

Just dropped into the local Walmart on the way home yesterday & noticed they had clearance tags on several Ninjago & Chima Lego sets (moved to an end cap) some of the savings were a whopping 86 cents below reg. on the tag!  wow! 

I suppose maybe this was just a placeholder for something for the weekend??? 

• Like 1

Chima at 86 cents off!? Paging Weakside :P

Walmart is always a mess. Seems they throw whatever they want into a "Clearance" section even if they aren't on clearance. I've spent way too long going back and forth to price scanners to figure out what price their stuff actually is. And then they have stuff that should have been clearanced long ago but just won't! (in my area at least). Looking at you Bat Vs. Bane.

A Ninjago clearance would make sense though as the early 2014 stuff has/is already been clearanced online.

I found a cargo train 7939 stashed on the clearance isle with other lego.  None of my walmart stores ever have this kind of stuff and it was full price.  I decided to pass.  I will check back this weekend and see if they slashed it or if it sold.  i cannot pay regular price for non-exclusives, even retired ones.

I found a cargo train 7939 stashed on the clearance isle with other lego.  None of my walmart stores ever have this kind of stuff and it was full price.  I decided to pass.  I will check back this weekend and see if they slashed it or if it sold.  i cannot pay regular price for non-exclusives, even retired ones.

It's an online return.  Most of the time when I see sets like that they just sit there at full price and get beat up.

What do you guys think about City sets at 50% off? I see them quite often but never really buy them, even at half off it seems like they would be more trouble selling than their worth. Have only been buying SW, LOTR and Hobbit on clearance till now.

Edited by massakassa

Don`t give up on Walmart yet. Managed to scavenge the following sets on clearance today:

2 79007 Battle at the Black Gate $30

2 79006 The Council of Elrond $20

5 75015 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid $10

1 9491 Geonosian Cannon $10

1 4429 Helicopter Rescue $30

1 79005 Wizard Battle $10

1 79012 Mirkwood Elf Army $25

Elrond, Wizard and Mirkwood aren't the best of prices but they are disappearing from Walmart fast so decided to grab them with a decent discount.

Great price on black gate! Wish mine went that low before going oos :(

Well i did have to wait like a year for them to discount them to $30. Had my eyes on them for forever but they just didn't want to reduce them more than $65. It was the last Walmart to still have some in my part of town. Hope the new SW Cantina reaches this poiint when the time comes..