Ipad 2 @ TRU for $299. Worth it?

LegoDayd

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=28881896&camp=CME:TRU:EM100214A_ThursdayDynamic&csep=d53761d9-e942-4424-be55-8e5884a1471e#goto-top-of-page

My anniversary is coming up and my wife always wanted an iPad. Is this model worth getting for $300. I never knew TRU sold ipads and I still have a ton of giftcards paid for @ 90% face value. Or should I just get her the newest version? She will bascially be playing games and doing Facebook.

Thanks for any input on the topic.

Cheers,

LD

Edited by LegoDayd

If your wife doesn't mind used items I would recommend buying at least an Ipad 3 or better from Craigslist. You could probably get a iPad 3 or 4 for $250-$300. Just google up some basic buying guide on iPads and away you go! Besides the iPad 3 and higher has retina display which is nicer to look at. It's also faster (which you need with some of the newer apps and games)

*disclaimer - I am typing on an iPad Air that I bought used on craigslist.

Edited by wilandirene

$200 is a big difference to go to the iPad Air... I have an iPad 2 and it plays all of the modern games.

That said, two things to consider:

- the iPad Air is a beast compared to the older gen iPads.

- 16gb fills up faster than people think.

If your wife is playing basic games, doesn't plan on loading her music library or trying to shoot 1,000,000 photos or 60 minute videos, then the iPad 2 16gb really ought to be fine.