How do you block non-US buyers with Paypal?

mscheaf

Non-US buyers with US shipping addresses keep trying to buy my stuff on Bricklink. I can't even tell they are non-US until they send me a payment and I notice my paypal fees are 1% higher. I have notes in my shop that these payments will be refunded and I deal with US customers only, but they keep trying and I keep refunding and it keeps taking my inventory out of sale until I go and cancel the order. It's getting annoying. Is there anyway to block that from within paypal so I can't even accept those or turn off the auto payment accept so I can look through each one and approve it first?

Why are you trying so hard to refuse sales?  Some of my best customers in Korea and Singapore use freight forwarders.  They are smart shoppers to use those services to reduce their overall shipping costs.  And they spend way more on average than other buyers.  I've never had a problem with that type of order.  The freight forwarders are really good about documenting receipt of packages (they have to so that they can repack everything correctly).  Your risk ends as soon as the freight forwarder receives the order.  From there, they assume the liability in reshipping to the buyer.

I did not ask for my choice to be justified. I asked how to accomplish something on paypal. I don't want to pay higher fees that I don't know about until after I get the payment. I don't want to be responsible for overseas shipping getting lost or screwed up. This is paypal, no matter what you may think, I AM responsible until the buyer gets the item and is happy with it. And then he can STILL do a SNAD if he wants to. So don't tell me my risk ends, I know better.

I don't want to be responsible for overseas shipping getting lost or screwed up.

Aren't you save from that at least? You shipped it to the given address, and with tracking you can prove that it arrived there. From there on it is not "your business" anymore, right?

Lol, have you actually dealt with paypal?

Depends what you call "dealt with". Do you imply everybody has to check the delivery addresses for potential forwarders and if so potentially reject that order?

If I order something for a friend and forward that package to him I doubt that the seller is responsible for the second leg of that journey (from me to my friend).

(there is a Bricklink forum that this question is better suited for)

Go to My Profile

On the left side, choose My Selling Tools

Under the Getting Paid and Managing my Risk

Click the Update link beside Block Payments

And... check off

Block payments from users who:
Have non-U.S. PayPal accounts

That really is the only option available to you... is it checked? Worth a shot if not.

I did. They couldn't figure out their own new UI and eventually just said it can't be done. Paypal support is incompetent at best.

I've received pretty good support, but my requests were probably pretty common scenarios. I think your request is entirely reasonable since PayPal might cover you in the case of a complaint between the third party shipper and the customer, but that wouldn't stop them from giving you bad feedback on BL.

The only problem with that setting is that it might block Canadian buyers too and we're not that bad you know. :)

I did. They couldn't figure out their own new UI and eventually just said it can't be done. Paypal support is incompetent at best.

I do not blame Paypal support. The new UI does not let you access as many options as the old one. Plus the EXTREME close-up videos they called the new front page are just creepy