How to get alerted on Amazon stock

With all the discussion about the Minecraft set I thought I would share how I get alerts of stock on Amazon. I use a website camelcamelcamel.com and sign up for alerts on the sets I want and the price I am willing to pay. Its cool because if gives you the price of the item for the past year so you can see the highs and lows. So to get alerted to new stock just set the alert for the MSRP and you will get an alert. If you dont have a smartphone I suggest you use your phone number as the alert email. (i.e. [email protected], just do a google search for your carrier) and then you will get a text alert. Hope this helps others out. Also if you go to www.list-alert.com you can set up Craigslist alert for Lego searches in your area. I have gotten some good deals on sets from people who are selling their Lego not knowing what they have. If you live in the Toledo, Ohio area disregard this because I dont need anyone snatching up the Criagslist deals in my area.

The problem with camelcamelcamel is they only check about every half hour and if I waited for them I never would have been able to purchase the minecraft sets I've bought on Amazon. Camel has an interesting FAQ on why they don't check more often. Seems some of Amazon's items have pricing algorithms that change prices so often every time they check some prices have changed even on a millisecond check some prices will have changed. For things that have fewer buyers camel works well!

The problem with camelcamelcamel is they only check about every half hour and if I waited for them I never would have been able to purchase the minecraft sets I've bought on Amazon. Camel has an interesting FAQ on why they don't check more often. Seems some of Amazon's items have pricing algorithms that change prices so often every time they check some prices have changed even on a millisecond check some prices will have changed.

For things that have fewer buyers camel works well!

I just learned of ZooLert.com. Supposedly they check inventory every 1 minute and you can sign up for text/email alerts too.

It is how I just scored an Imperial Shuttle for retail price $259 at TRU, minutes after Target was out of stock on that.