TRU (Canada) Sep 26-Oct 2 50% off Galaxy Squad

peenutz

So it's been quite slow on the Canadian deals thread so I thought I'd post this:

All Galaxy Squad sets 50% off, makes for good gifts if not for investment.

Sept 27th, spend $100 or more and earn 30x airmiles.

Free Geoffrey the Giraffe ($5.99 value) when you spend $30 or more on any Lego set (they say any, but it excludes Galaxy Squad...)

Also bonus airmiles for buying other Legos but not worth posting.

• Like 2

I'll pass - got to save a little cash in case I want to get some of the TRU Bricktober exclusives. Hopefully they have at least a 20% off sale on different lines in addition to the free sets each week. I remember last Bricktober was meh, but I got some better deals the year before (the ghost & clock polybag promo sold really well and the collectible minifigs weren't bad either....a double promo is always good).

lobo1969, I really tried to find a Galaxy Squad set to like as investment, build or gift...but NONE of them are worth it haha.  Even seeing them in person at a store there was just no way.  Maybe at 70% off just for the parts or space theme?  lol.  No idea how the theme overall has done but has been a disappointment IMO.

The Chima sets are way better IMO. 

*sorry SnowmanOlaf, no idea about parcel forwarder in CAN.  Strange but sometimes TRU.ca, Walmart etc. does have good deals I'm sure even US members would like...ie RI or Rovers recently.    

Thank you very much peenutz for this information.

Yes I agreed for Galaxy Squad sets, even half price is not good for investment but I do love these sets!

Just ordered 70700 70702 70706 for myself and my children, with 70703 and 70705 already on hand, we'd be very glad to collected all 4 teams of GS!

What a pity that Lego never got quite a  success on their Space theme sets, hope someday they will be paid for their endurance.

Can any of you Canadians recommend an economical Canada > US parcel forwarder? I've been wanting to order some non-Lego stuff from walmart.ca and toysrus.ca, but they don't ship to US.

What were you thinking of bringing to the US? Hotwheels are dirt cheap in Canada. Profit margin to the US is 100-130%. I found someone in BP sending me hotwheels from Canada in exchange for lego sets.

What were you thinking of bringing to the US? Hotwheels are dirt cheap in Canada. Profit margin to the US is 100-130%. I found someone in BP sending me hotwheels from Canada in exchange for lego sets.

Interesting idea in regards to using someone who wants US goods to trade for CAN goods.  Unfortunately, I'm a pretty high volume reseller, so I'd be looking at importing pallets at a time for maximum freight efficiency, so I think a professional company would be what I'm looking for.  I'm not interested in discussing my non-lego import ideas because the collectors market is significantly smaller than the lego market.  However, if I was able to find a company/someone to import lego, this one would be at the top of my list:

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=3822060

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-duplo-large-brick-box-5506/6000051735245

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Duplo-Building-Set-71-pieces/dp/B002RL7VNO

I would buy several hundred for the upcoming holiday season if the opportunity presented itself and if the total cost for landed goods was within my range.