Someone top this Ebay story

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

Yeah, so I may have the worst.

Couple of weeks ago, as usual, an error upon relisting products on Ebay (Ebay sometimes adds one to my inventory of items for some reason.) caused me to sell an item I didn't have.

Knowing tons of people from Brickpicker, I simply had one of my colleagues drop ship it.

Ebay decides - You know what, this new address should be his default (Even though I have done this 10-15 times and never had the problem).

YEAH... so now 4 items worth in the realm of 300$ are going to someone who bought a $25 item from me. Merry Christmas I guess.

Everyone is allowed moments like this, just wish they wouldn't cost me money.

who knows - maybe the person who gets it will be one of the few people who have a conscience and will return them. - I cannot even believe how dishonest people are now a days

CHAPPELLE_02_0205_TYRONE_640x360.jpg?

I gotch yo lego!

In all seriousness, that sucks big ones.  Hope you get them back.  I've been on vacation and haven't read any posts for 4 days, came back to this downer!

• Like 1

I'm not sure to understand, but maybe you can contact the person and say "This is a mistake, can you please send me back the boxes, except the one you want to keep, it'll be your choice as a reward"

I'm sure many people would prefer to have a "legal" lego box, earned as a "reward", than some "illegal" legos, and can have trouble later.

BTW as for me I would be ok to resend the boxes if you just paid back the shipping fees... "to err is human"

Edited by biniou

I am sorry to read your story and I hope everything will turn out just fine.

Makes you wonder what we pay seller fees for. They care squad about the people that earn the money for them.  

I once had a heated discussion with a CS rep of Ebay. I asked him the same question: "If you cannot help me. What do I pay the 10% seller fees for?". He responded: "In return of these fees you have the priviledge to use the ebay worldwide selling platform". So to say in short.

Customer is king is a thing of the past.   

Yeah I did message them. I believe that most people on Ebay are normal nice people and that they are willing to help, you just run into more bad ones because those spark the problems that are memorable while the good ones just quietly leave feedback and move on.

Unfortunately it looks like I got a bad one. Their response:

"I still don't have the mini figures so I am about ready to give you zero stars. I have received nothing so I am not quite sure what you are referring to. Also, I would never forward anything without checking it. I am not interested in implicating myself. Thank you, but no thanks just refund my money. Thanks <removed>"

For context - they didn't order figures from me, but a set. It was delivered on Sept 8th. And I show two other packages delivered at their address.

And I never asked them to forward anything - I told them to open them and they could put them in a box together, I would then give them a shipping label and a decent amount of free stuff for the trouble.

Delivery Intercept those packages ASAP and have them returned to sender.

Is that even possible? If I talk to the sellers or something?

So, did you buy from another Brickpicker and have them ship the original item to them?  I'm still trying to figure out how all this stuff was shipped to them?

Yeah I really don't understand what happened either. Can you break it down again? I am not sure how another customer's mailing address ended up on labels for another customer.

Seems that this whole problem could be avoided by double checking listings and shipping addresses.

Agreed - you need to double check the quantity amounts when you do re-listings. If it has happened to you 10-15 times (enough that you have a backup plan in place) - you aren't checking (so it likely is not an eBay error).

I also have a ton of listings as well, and while it can be annoying to need to verify things - it really must be done.

I see that you contacted them - Their response sounded like they were a bit suspicious of you. Is there a chance it went to another buyer?

Edited by KShine

DNIIM - Do you happen to use turbolister for your listings on ebay?  I have noticed, the hard way, that if you change the quantity (or likely any field) and instantly add it to your waiting to upload list that the change in quantity did not take.  I have to click off the line I just changed and then click that line again before adding it to my waiting to upload list.