Paypal limit reached?

stackables

I went to my paypal site and was greeted by "You've reached a limit for how much you can send, receive or transfer.  See how to lift your limits".

I have never seen this before and I barely sell anything.  I basically use paypal for payments linked to my credit card.  I don't trust paypal with any bank account.  So in order to use paypal, I have to link them to one of my accounts?  Does anyone know what exactly is this "limit" I reached?  Did I print too many labels for $2?

Ok, I think I might hold off linking my checking account.  Does anyone know what the limit is suppose to be?  I can guarantee I am nowhere close to it.

It used to be 10k, when the total payments sent reached that amount you had to add a bank account or apply for the paypal credit card was the other option.

From what other posters have said it could be some glitches.

• Like 1

It used to be 10k, when the total payments sent reached that amount you had to add a bank account or apply for the paypal credit card was the other option.

From what other posters have said it could be some glitches.

Yep, definitely not close to 10k.  Probably a glitch.  I can imagine this being a huge problem with ebay.  First ebay was having problems now paypal.

Ebay has been really bad with problems the last 2 weeks.  Not even counting those 2 outages.  One night people were getting "the seller doesn't ship to this US location" , then the next night customers couldn't send paypal payments which sounds like what is happening tonight.  Its definitely getting worse the past few weeks with all these glitches and outages.  

Ok, I think I might hold off linking my checking account.  Does anyone know what the limit is suppose to be?  I can guarantee I am nowhere close to it.

I see a $ 500/month withdraw limit imposed now. Probably because the linked credit card expired, and two linked bank accounts are not enough. Crazy. Now I need to wait at least a day or so to be able to use it again, because it takes that long to see their code in the transaction that took money out of my credit card (and eventually into paypal). :(

I see a $ 500/month withdraw limit imposed now. Probably because the linked credit card expired, and two linked bank accounts are not enough. Crazy. Now I need to wait at least a day or so to be able to use it again, because it takes that long to see their code in the transaction that took money out of my credit card (and eventually into paypal). :(

How did you find that info out.  I shouldn't be close to $500 in the month either.  That still doesn't explain why my dad's account says the same thing with his account being verified.

How did you find that info out.  I shouldn't be close to $500 in the month either.  That still doesn't explain why my dad's account says the same thing with his account being verified.

I clicked on the link "You've reached a limit for how much you can send, receive, or transfer. See how to lift your limits." in the prominent message when you log in - and then on "remove limit" on the next page:

To lift your $500.00 USD monthly withdrawal limit, you must complete two of the three steps below.

- Confirm your Social Security Number

- Confirm a bank account  

- Link and confirm your debit or credit card

• Like 1

My account is still verified. It just has a limit on it, too. Maybe also in your case by chance a card expired without anybody noticing - besides paypal...

Or maybe paypal just checks a bit stricter now and the three accounts reported having this issue here today are not a coincidence. Sounds more likely when put this way.

Edited by 10230
  • Like 1

I clicked on the link "You've reached a limit for how much you can send, receive, or transfer. See how to lift your limits." in the prominent message when you log in - and then on "remove limit" on the next page:

To lift your $500.00 USD monthly withdrawal limit, you must complete two of the three steps below.

- Confirm your Social Security Number

- Confirm a bank account  

- Link and confirm your debit or credit card

Ok, I clicked on the link and it just takes me to link bank account or get their credit card.  Nothing about a monthly limit.  I also have not withdrawn any money.