New sets ever sold out fast and gone?

Are there examples of new sets that were sold out so fast after release and the price just went up immediately within months of its release? I found it is hard to find newly released sets like Mr freeze Batman set and Golden dragon set from Walmart, target or toys r us. I am wondering if I should stock them with retail price from Amazon? Or should I wait for discount?

Are there examples of new sets that were sold out so fast after release and the price just went up immediately within months of its release?

I found it is hard to find newly released sets like Mr freeze Batman set and Golden dragon set from Walmart, target or toys r us. I am wondering if I should stock them with retail price from Amazon? Or should I wait for discount?

The new batman sets are becoming more common to find. If you can wait, do it for savings, since this is batman, there will be plenty. I could have had 4 of each today at target.

The Zombies is a completely diff beast. Seasonal-type line and only available at Lego and Target. Who knows. Maybe more will pop up but I doubt it. I just don't understand why Lego's web site has all but Zombies in-stock now or in 2 weeks depending on the set, Zombies is the lone exception :(

No one can really predict what sets are hot and sell out quickly, so make sure you diversify. That being said usually the lower priced sets are gone first because of their low price. They don't usually have big discounts anyway so if you buy them and they go on sale, you aren't out much. They often double in price when sold out or when they are discontinued but they are a lot more work to sell.

No one can really predict what sets are hot and sell out quickly, so make sure you diversify.

That being said usually the lower priced sets are gone first because of their low price. They don't usually have big discounts anyway so if you buy them and they go on sale, you aren't out much. They often double in price when sold out or when they are discontinued but they are a lot more work to sell.

I agree with you completely. How much can a $6-$10 set go for on clearance? A dollar off? Maybe a dollar and a half? The smaller sets are always the first ones I pickup, and usually the first to go. The STAR WARS Battle Packs are prime examples of "small set, big money".