10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

UPDATE : this seems to be search issue on the web site.  maybe the web site admins and devs are updating inventory or the search function.  My phone has the same search error and i'm using a different network for internet access than my laptop.

post-3743-0-22276800-1412857422_thumb.pn

semi-interesting stuff at the US shop@home lego site. 

while 10228 displays when navigating to it using the Exclusive link, the set no longer appears when searching "10228" or "Haunted House".

i remember other sets behaving the same before they were retired. just forgot which ones.  it might have been the FB, UCS B-Wing, and / or The Zombies.   Anyone remember?

post-3743-0-10425900-1412856979_thumb.jp

I agree with Ed Mack. Wish i would added more. Out of luck at this point i think. I cannot bring myself to pay over retail for an investment set.

There are times when it's worth it.  I learned that by watching some of the masters here.

I've purchased quite a few sets on the aftermarket, that I've been able to turn into a nice little profit.  You just have to do a lot of research, be picky, and take your time.

• Like 1

How high is the HH reasonably expected to reach in 3-5 years?  Is the current going price of around $350 worth it for investment purposes?

3x to 4x MSRP

But I wouldn't pay $350 for that set. Check for better deals.

Edited by biniou

Guest TabbyBoy

Under the current climate, I think doubling your money on FeeBay with any modular after fees/postage is being optimistic.  There a huge amount of selling competition now compared with the old Cafe Corner days.